Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Pineapple Thief Release New Single & Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassonyonpr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Pineapple Thief Release New Single & Video
    Posted: August 13 2018 at 13:48
The Pineapple Thief Release New Single & Video For "Try As I Might" Taken From Their Forthcoming Album Dissolution

The Pineapple Thief  have launched their brand new video for “Try As I Might”, the new single from their forthcoming new studio album Dissolution. The highly anticipated follow up to 2015’s Your Wilderness, is the band’s second album to feature King Crimson and Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison.

Vocalist, songwriter and guitarist Bruce Soord explains his dystopian view “The video follows the theme of the song and the album - if you sign up to this hyper connected world we live in, then you have to live with the consequences. Try as you might to get out of it.”

WATCH THE VIDEO FOR “TRY AS I MIGHT” HERE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yBCcT3L2e0&feature=youtu.be

The futuristic clip was created by Blacktide Phonic/Visual (www.black-tide.co.uk) director George Laycock, who expands on how he created the film “When The Pineapple Thief came to me with their track ‘Try as I might’, they had a broad basis for an idea for a music video that dealt with a social media obsessed 'connected' world.

This had nods to previous films and television like ‘The Truman Show’, ‘Black Mirror’, the ‘Big Brother’ landscape and its preceding shows, so it was about creating a storyline using these broad influences and encapsulating into an obscure 3 minute film on a budget.

I was interested in the concept of ‘in eye cameras’, scary technology I am sure isn’t too far away from us. We decided to go down the optical medical route and follow our character on a journey from first pre-operation, to surgery, recovery and then trying to battle the decision he has made, whilst battling with the corporation he has signed up too. The film hopefully leaves the viewer to create their own conceptions on his outcome.

We filmed it all on the Dorset/Devon coastline around where I live and were fortunate to be able to secure great locations to shoot in with a few favours, including a remote seaside post-modern house, a private beach and a real working hospital and opticians.

To keep the cast down to a minimum I decided that the camera that is watching Bruce would become the main supporting actor and his nemesis, appearing in scenes without anyone operating it. This allowed us to see the cameras point of view and tell the story to the fictional viewer. This old broadcast camera weighed an absolute ton, and carrying through remote woods, down a mile-long steep cliff path to a beach was a challenge on some of the hottest days of the year. Filming in the water at the end was a welcome refreshment. 

Many thanks to all those who helped with the film, especially everyone involved at Yeovil hospital for allowing us such amazing access, and to Bruce for being so amenable about having scalpels inches from his eyeball.”

The Pineapple Thief have grown to become one of the leading lights of Europe’s experimental rock domain, Your Wilderness produced 4m+ album streams, a #7 in the UK Independent Charts and two extensive headline European tours culminating at London’s Islington Assembly Hall where the concert was recorded for the live release Where We Stood, and their new album Dissolution promises to propel the band to even greater heights.

The Pineapple Thief - Dissolution-med  res.jpg

Dissolution tracklisting
Not Naming Any Names [02:05]
Try As I Might [04:26]
Threatening War [06:37]
Uncovering Your Tracks [04:29]
All That You've Got [03:27]
Far Below [04:36]
Pillar of Salt [01:25]
White Mist [11:05]
Shed A Light [05:20]

Dissolution will be released in the following formats – all available to pre-order now HERE https://thepineapplethief.lnk.to/DissolutionPR
CD
Black LP –pressed to audiophile 180g vinyl
Limited Edition Crystal Clear LP edition - pressed to audiophile 180g vinyl 
Blu-ray – features a 16-page booklet, the album plus bonus music in a 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound mix and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio
Deluxe 4 disc edition - features 52 pages containing exclusive additional artwork, the original album on CD plus a second CD of bonus music, and is topped off with a DVD and Blu-ray featuring the album and bonus material in a 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound mix and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio.
All digital & streaming platforms 

The Pineapple Thief will be taking Dissolution on the road starting in September 2018, with new dates added for March 2019. This tour includes their biggest show to date at London’s prestigious O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire – tickets are on sale now and selling fast: http://www.pineapplethief.com/tour/ ;

The Pineapple Thief – Dissolution Tour 2018/2019
Sep 15 – FR – Paris - La Maroquinerie
Sep 16 – BE, Brussels-  La Madeleine
Sep 17 – DE, Bremen - Schlachthof
Sep 18 – DE, Hanover - Musikzentrum 
Sep 19 – DE, Berlin - Lido
Sep 21 – PL, Warsaw - Stodola
Sep 22 – CZ, Olomouc - S-Klub
Sep 23 – CZ, Prgaue - Rock Cafè
Sep 25 – AU, Wien - Szene
Sep 26 – DE, Munich - Backstage Werk
Sep 27 – DE, Aschaffenburg-  Colos-Saal
Sep 28- DE, Cologne - Live Music Hall
Sep 29 – NL, Amsterdam – Melkweg
Oct 4 – UK, Edinburgh – Liquid Rooms
Oct 5 – UK, Sheffield – Leadmill
Oct 6 – UK, London – O2 Shepherds Bush Empire

Feb 22 - IT, Roma - Largo Venue
Feb 23 - IT, Milano - Santeria Social Club
Mar 3 - DK, Copenhagen - Vega
Mar 5 - SE, Stockholm - venue tba
Mar 6 - NO, Oslo - John Dee

Pineapple Thief new photo med res.jpg
(photo credit James Cumpsty)

The Pineapple Thief are:
Bruce Soord – vocalist, guitarist, composer
Gavin Harrison – drums
Jon Sykes – bass
Steve Kitch - keyboards

The Pineapple Thief online:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/thepineapplethief
Twitter: www.twitter.com/pineapplethief
Instagram: www.instagram.com/thepineapplethief
Spotify: https://play.spotify.com/artist/4lrBMUSk8PiNnCEZfsmPAk
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE6401DB011BD837E
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/artist/the-pineapple-thief/id278648772
Kscope 2018 white long.jpg
Kscope: 1st floor, 52 Lisson Street, London, UK NW1 5DF 

Press inquiries (North America): Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158 (US), [email protected]
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2018 at 04:09
loved the song, I'll definitely listen to this when it comes out. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply