0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite TV series part 2
    Posted: August 17 2018 at 15:29
A new selection of tv series inspired by some of the mentions in the previous poll and others I may have ommited.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 15:40
Familiar with all of these but Saint Seiya and Life's Too Short. It's ultimately betwixt The Twilight Zone, Riget, Peep Show and Monty Python's Flying Circus for me. I'm giving it to Riget.
thepenultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the penultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 16:04
Has to be Python, for old time's sake - even though in hindsight it was very hit and miss. The Office (UK) is a modern classic - well, until the David Brent film!
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2018 at 18:45
I went with The Simpsons. They've been rubbish for the last 15 years. But the first 15 are just too good to ignore
Stool Man View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stool Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2018 at 03:26
I've only seen five of these, so no vote
rotten hound of the burnie crew
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2018 at 06:18

From the list, Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2018 at 13:43
went with Curb but the Zone and The Office both great.

right now it's Durrels in Corfu .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 07:46
Hi,

The bad part of it all, is that some of these were not exactly "shown" in American TV, to the point that everyone could see them weekly like everyone did something like The Simpsons, and South Park.

In those days, I think that PBS was passing through one MP thing, about 25 minutes worth and you might have gotten to see another one 2 weeks later! It never got to the big 3 net-crappers at all. The same thing happened to Faulty Towers. I first caught Faulty Towers on a friend's TV, and he had videotaped it, in Boston, I think it was or something like it, and then brought like 4 shows to the West Coast when he moved, and already this was years later.

For the American TV, the 80's I was busy working 80 hours per week, and the 90's too busy writing and trying to establish the discussion of progressive music in the internet, as it was a bit haphazard then, and it was mostly considered something else. The "new age" bulletin boards and Fido, were the worst bunch of postings ever, and at least in this place it is a bit more centered, but in those days the hero worship was ridiculous, and just because the title said "women" or "woman" of this and that, it meant that it was automatically spiritual and the new age stores sold it better than candy in the store for kids! (do they still have those?).

I finally caught the original Office, and Black Adder, and some other shows between 1998 and 2004, when my roomie had a Tivo and we had cable that had just about everything ... it was nice to watch a few things, but some of them were too fast for me ... that English red-something or other was way too talky for me, for example, and half the jokes went over my head. 

The original Twilight Show, seen later on several places as reruns (early days Sci-Fi channel), was actually better than the redo later. Still both were very cardboard oriented, however, the material itself on the original had more "occult" connections (mystical orientation) than the copy a few years later which was a total corruption of the mystical and occult material. 

At this time I got to see things like "Footballer's Wives", "Mile High", the one about the laird or lord of the something or other about the bed and breakfast, almost all of the Helen Mirren detective thing, and one of my favorites, was Robbie Coltrane's detective thing ... which was excellent. There were a few other things on the BBC channel, but I did not have enough time to see all of it ... 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2018 at 14:22
Zone with Python a close second
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 15:07
TZ & Seinfeld.
 Post Reply Post Reply