1 [1.33%]
1 [1.33%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [2.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2018 at 22:04
Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

I love all of them. I can't vote because In My Opinion they are not KC's best songs! and I can't choose between same level stuffs...
Thatīs the point in this thread. I donīt see any idea to put Starless in Crimson poll, because we all know it will win. Now there is some excitement in this. And to me these all are the best Crimson songs, maybe not commonly as respected as some others. I listened yesterday Power to Believe after long time and I really had forgot how great that second part of the tittle song is!
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2018 at 23:45
My vote goes to I Talk To the Wind. First Crimson song that really hit me.
tempest_77 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tempest_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 04:24
I Talk to the Wind easily wins, though ITWOP and Cirkus aren’t half-bad either.
I use they/them pronouns (feel free to ask me about this!)

Check out my music on my bandcamp!
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 04:49
Night Watch, although it was a tough choice between that and ITWOP (one of Lakes finest vocal performamnces IMO)
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 11:04
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

I love all of them. I can't vote because In My Opinion they are not KC's best songs! and I can't choose between same level stuffs...
Thatīs the point in this thread. I donīt see any idea to put Starless in Crimson poll, because we all know it will win. Now there is some excitement in this. And to me these all are the best Crimson songs, maybe not commonly as respected as some others. I listened yesterday Power to Believe after long time and I really had forgot how great that second part of the tittle song is!

I see. Fallen Angel is my choice Thumbs Up
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 11:07
Great songs, each and every one. The Night Watch has an elegance to it that makes it stand out, which is why I voted for it.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 11:35
All the songs from the '69 to '74 era are miles ahead of the later stuff for me.  Exiles (especially the live version on USA) get's my vote closely followed by Cirkus Wink

Edited by The.Crimson.King - August 20 2018 at 11:38
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 14:02
Interesting choices. 

I'll go Power Circle ove FraKctured  
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 15:05
Poseidon......best epic on the list though all KC is good KC....some are just better than others.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 21:59
Great to see Poseidon got so much love here! To me it has seem that album is underrated here, I also think itīs not the best Crimson album but anyway deserves more.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 22:00
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Interesting choices. 

I'll go Power Circle ove FraKctured  
At the moment I think itīs their best after seventies song.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 01:21

Great to see Poseidon got so much love here! To me it has seem that album is underrated here, I also think itīs not the best Crimson album but anyway deserves more.

I prefer ITWOP to the debut album. It's like a more cohesive build on ITCOTCK. Some people seem to regard it a weak copy, but I don't think that's the case.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 03:01
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I prefer ITWOP to the debut album. It's like a more cohesive build on ITCOTCK. Some people seem to regard it a weak copy, but I don't think that's the case.
Well, I think debut is better, but I donīt really think ITWOP as a weak copy, althought it has something same. Second side is really different than first album second side. And I think ITWOP is greater than Islands and SABB, althought Crimson made just great albums in the seventies!

Edited by Mortte - August 21 2018 at 03:02
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 03:27
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

All the songs from the '69 to '74 era are miles ahead of the later stuff for me.
Same here. Although only one or two of these would be my on own favorite song per album they are all fantastic.

Sure - I love it just as much as the rest of their 70's albums really. And Poseidon got my vote too (ahead of Cirkus).
TiddK View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiddK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 09:46
"You can not vote in this poll"

Why not? Cry
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 11:22
^I think you need 40 posts to vote.
Haquin
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 09:06
Exiles ever so slightly over Night Watch. I don’t know their later stuff by song name unfortunately.

Oh, and Frame By Frame is another favorite that I’d put in the third spot.

Edited by HackettFan - August 23 2018 at 09:07
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
TiddK View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiddK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2018 at 11:13
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

^I think you need 40 posts to vote.

I now have 41 posts and get the same message. Cry

Cancel that - after posting my 42nd, the message changed to "Cast your vote" Smile

Edited by TiddK - August 25 2018 at 11:15
Scorpius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2018 at 21:32
The Letter followed very closely by Fallen Angel. Islands is probably my favourite KC album, but its way too hard to choose between songs because most of their discography is crazy strong.
The most dangerous man in America.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2018 at 13:02
Kind of surprised that Night Watch is leading on this poll.....decent track but imho not as strong as 3 or 4 others up there.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>