6 [42.86%]
7 [50.00%]
1 [7.14%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mario or Zelda
    Posted: August 20 2018 at 14:01
Two iconic game monikers. Whom helped launch the game console Nintendo to international domain. Mario and all incarnations with Mario ( Super Mario in title, not Donkey Kong series, were Mario debuted). Zelda and all series with Zelda in title.

Mario was first but Zelda was the brain child of the creator Shigeru Miyamoto, so he would perhaps choose Zelda. Both are iconic gameseries. Mario singelhandidly wrote the rules for platform games and every platform game owes it to Super Mario Bros. But the expansive and expoloratory nature of Zelda is aweinspiring as well.
So whoch one is it you like most?
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 14:03
Gimme dat plummer boy 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 14:55
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Gimme dat plummer boy 
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 16:27
Generally I’m not a big gamer, but I’m a big-time Zelda admirer. I love the storytelling and gameplay. I still don’t have Breath of the Wild as I’ve been wondering if I should just get the Wii U version, or invest in a Switch.   I hadn’t had my Wii for many years when they came out with the Wii U. My first Zelda game was Spirit Tracks for my daughter’s DS, and it hooked me (then got Phantom Hourglass). I basically got the Wii because my children and I wanted Twilight Princess and I got the Zelda edition of the Wii U that came with Windwaker.   I got Skyward Sword the day that it hit the stores. I played earlier games like Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask using an emulator for my old tower computer. My son plays some Mario games, but I haven’t really got into it. I love the cinematic nature of various Zelda games, and the ways one explores the worlds.
Brilliant.   It’s got some of the beauty and mystery of games like Myst (my favourite game series until discovering Zelda) while being more action oriented.

Edited by Logan - August 20 2018 at 16:29
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2018 at 21:19
Zelda. Love this series. I still have the cartridge of A Link to the Past for the SNES,one of my favorite 16-bit games.
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 04:28
Zelda definitely. Seeing TV commercials for the original Legend of Zelda is what made me want to go out and buy a NES.
scruffydragon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scruffydragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2018 at 23:02
Used to play Mario a lot.
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 06:07
Both are equally as much fun IMHO. However, the game I play the most is Super Mario Land 2.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 12:23
The Zelda games were closer to my heart, although that heart was shattered when my Wii broke and all my progress on Skyward Sword was erased. Haven't been able to bring myself to love again. 
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 14:19
Actually surprised Zelda isn't winning by a landslide. Mario is fun and I love it, but Zelda is so much more involving. 

Obviously, I voted Zelda.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2018 at 06:18
Originally posted by TheGazzardian TheGazzardian wrote:

Actually surprised Zelda isn't winning by a landslide. Mario is fun and I love it, but Zelda is so much more involving. 

Obviously, I voted Zelda.

I thought Zelda would slay the competition myself. It's such an incredibly immersive game series, and is really artistic.

Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Zelda definitely. Seeing TV commercials for the original Legend of Zelda is what made me want to go out and buy a NES.

Speaking of Zelda TV commercials. I love this:

Post Reply Post Reply