Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Renaissance short form - vote for your 3 favorites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Renaissance short form - vote for your 3 favorites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which 3 of these short Renaissance songs are your favorites?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [9.23%]
2 [3.08%]
7 [10.77%]
23 [35.38%]
3 [4.62%]
6 [9.23%]
7 [10.77%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [1.54%]
10 [15.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Renaissance short form - vote for your 3 favorites
    Posted: August 21 2018 at 08:34
Another renaissance poll, this one focused on shorter songs from their golden era.  I left out "Opening Out" because it is more like a prelude to "Day of the Dreamer" than a standalone.  Vote for up to 3!
I should have allowed 4 because I had no room for "Cold is Being", but I love all these songs except maybe "let it Grow" which I like and "I think of you" which bores me

Edited by kenethlevine - August 21 2018 at 08:36
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 08:39
From these Vultures, Carpet & Northern Lights. 
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 08:46
On the Frontier, Carpet of the Sun, Northern Lights, in order of listing, no particular preference.
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 10:11
Northern Lights, Carpet and I Think of You.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 13:13
Cold is Being, Vultures Fly High & Northern Lights
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 13:43
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

From these Vultures, Carpet & Northern Lights. 

I think I agree 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 15:42
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Northern Lights, Carpet and I Think of You.

That's my order too. Northern Lights holds a special place in my heart! One of my favourite prog rock singles of all time!
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 16:17
I'll go with the majority on this one "Carpet of the Sun".
Prog Sothoth View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog Sothoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 19:04
I love Spare Some Love. Groovy chorus.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2018 at 19:07
Northern Carpet(s) Fly High
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2018 at 01:47
Cold is Being. 

Depressing but brilliant lyrics to the Adagio in G Minor by Albinoni (or possibly a later composition in his style).

Beautiful.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2018 at 02:17
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Cold is Being. 

Depressing but brilliant lyrics to the Adagio in G Minor by Albinoni (or possibly a later composition in his style).

Beautiful.

It's indeed Adagio and I believe later editions of Turn of the Cards mentioned "thanks to Albinoni".
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2018 at 02:50
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

Cold is Being. 

Beautiful.

It's indeed Adagio and I believe later editions of Turn of the Cards mentioned "thanks to Albinoni".
I agree that its beautiful and affecting although I don't particularly like that Adagio by Albinoni* 

*really composed in the 1950s by Remo Giazotto. Guess it was better for business to "discover" a forgotten slice of classical music that "everyone" could love instead of this italian musicologist/composer composing in a dated and sentimental style (more late romantic-era than Baroque). 
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2018 at 08:02
remember you can vote up to 3 times.  Cold is Being is a keystone in making side 2 of Turn of the Cards one of my favorite sides of music ever

Edited by kenethlevine - August 22 2018 at 08:02
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2018 at 11:46
What?? No Only Angels Have Wings!!
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
The Jester View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 00:23
Carpet of the Sun, Cold is Being, The Vultures fly high...
If anybody wants please visit: http://www.gfreedomathina.blogspot.com/

This is my Blog mostly about Rock music, but also a few other things as well.

You are most welcome!

Thank you. :)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 20:01
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

What?? No Only Angels Have Wings!!

I left out anything after "Song for all Seasons" since after that they did mostly short songs.  I could do another poll with stuff from Azure D'Or, Camera Camera and Timeline
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 14:13
^I merely jest.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 14:50
nice poll Ken.

Going with On the Frontier.. always had a big soft spot in my heart for that.

That a beer and joint and my mind wanders to the Big Mick coming back into his sod house on the endless Kansas plains after a hard day tending the fields and having Annie rub my feet and as a prelude to me knockin the stuffing out of that later after dinner ...  letting me rub her feet... ahhhh.. don't you love music and the places it takes you to...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 15:27
great to see a little frontier love there, Micky!  It's one of my 3.  What a glorious song
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>