Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clash of the Lowest-Rated King Crimson Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Which one do you think is the worst?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [18.07%]
23 [27.71%]
6 [7.23%]
8 [9.64%]
31 [37.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clash of the Lowest-Rated King Crimson Albums
    Posted: September 06 2018 at 20:38
Here are the 5 worst rated KC albums on PA. Which do you personally think is the worst one of the bunch? I chose not to include any ProjecKts because they would have dominated this list and they aren't technically official KC albums.
And yes, sadly Islands made the list. It is my personal fav KC album, but since im just going off PA rankings instead of making a purely subjective list of the worst, it made the cut with a ranking of 3.81, just barely under TWOP, which had 3.83.

The most dangerous man in America.
friso View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 00:12
Voted Islands, just ordered a new vinyl actually. Side 1 of Beat is also very nice.
I'm guitarist and songwriter for the prog-related band Mother Bass. Find us at http://www.motherbass.com. I also enter stages throughout the Netherlands performing my poetry.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 00:14
It´s Islands. To me just all the seventies Crimsons go over their later output.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 00:16
Great to see ConstruKction has already got two votes, because I have understood there are people who thinks it´s the worst album of KC. I think it´s better than Power to Believe, Beat & Three of Perfect.
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 01:40
Construktion of Light is my worst from this list, although there are people that rate it. It just didn't chime with me at all, but then, neither did Beat for many years and I now think Beat is a really good album, so maybe I'll change my mind about Construktion at some point, but, for now, it's Construktion.
Songs cast a light on you
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 01:42
My worst to best from this list would be:

Construktion
THRAK
Islands
Three of a Perfect Pair
Beat
Songs cast a light on you
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 04:30
I'm really sorry, I voted wrong. My vote should have gone into Three Of Perfect Pair, l just didn't read the first post although I usually always read it (it has been busy day). To me Islands is best of those.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 06:36
I think that most people aren't reading the question.  It is asking which is the worst KC album.  For me, even though I still like it, it would be "Beat".  It is still better than some other bands best efforts.  I am disappointed to see "Thrak" on the list because I have always considered it one of their best albums, one that was way ahead of the times.

And yes I love "Islands" too.  I think it gets the short end of the deal all of the time. 

Edited by TCat - September 07 2018 at 06:37

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 07:07
I almost misread this as others and was going to pick what I think is the best of the worst rated which would have been Islands.  My pick for worst is Beat, but it is still a 3 star album to me.

My order of that list (from best to least liked):
Islands
ConstuKction
Three of a Perfect Pair
Thrak
Beat
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 07:43
Worst to first for Bob (that's me): Thrak (too much noise), Beat (OK but Three of a PP is better), ConstruKction (I go back and forth as to how much I like this album, depends a lot on my mood at the time), Three of a Perfect Pair (for the title song alone) and one of my all-time favorites albums, Islands.
PROGMATIC
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 07:59
I don't think I can say there is a worst King Crimson album. I really like all their music, I happen to be one of those. My "least favorite" of the list would be Beat; though I like it a lot, I enjoy the rest more. 
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 08:07
Islands among the worst rated??? That's insane. Can't vote as I haven't heard The ConstruKction of Light (and I'm not really planning to) but I think the rest are unmemorable - at least compared to KC's seven or eight first albums.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 08:28
Islands is the best.
Beat is the worst.
DarkTower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkTower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 08:45
Worst KC album for me is Beat.
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 09:34
I don't like any KC very much, but I was forced to listen to Beat once in a friend's car and I almost needed therapy afterwards.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 11:06
Islands is nice and certainly shouldn't be on a 'worst' list.
Beat has always been  my least favorite by KC...but then I'm not  much of a fan of any of the Belew period albums.

Edited by dr wu23 - September 07 2018 at 11:07
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 11:19
Originally posted by Hercules Hercules wrote:

I don't like any KC very much, but I was forced to listen to Beat once in a friend's car and I almost needed therapy afterwards.

Therapy? Try Hammill's Sitting Targets next time.

The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 11:27
Islands.  I'll take the lowest rated '69 to '74 Crimson album over the highest rated '81 plus album every time Wink
Wanorak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 13:16
Islands.
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 14:56
People are still misreading the poll.....supposed to vote for the worst on the list.....not your favorite...or am I having a flashback..?
;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>