Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clash of the Lowest-Rated King Crimson Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Which one do you think is the worst?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [18.07%]
23 [27.71%]
6 [7.23%]
8 [9.64%]
31 [37.35%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 15:35
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

People are still misreading the poll.....supposed to vote for the worst on the list.....not your favorite...or am I having a flashback..?
;)

Oops...you're right!  Maybe the OP should just edit the post to ask for people to vote for their favorite since that's what's happening anyway LOL
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 15:35
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

People are still misreading the poll.....supposed to vote for the worst on the list.....not your favorite...or am I having a flashback..?
;)

Yes, you are correct. I shouldn't have voted as I did. 
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 17:00
Islands is the weakest of the 70's albums (yes even compared to the expanded Eartbound)
Thrak , I happen to like, because it owes a lot to LTiA
TCoL is really not very good and the weakest of the group's third career
Beat is a bit of a weake repeat of Discipline (like Poseidon was of Court), which is a relatively good album, but 3OAPP is really dreck >> my choice

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 17:55
Voted ConstruKction; I never really warmed to that album. Islands is interesting and fascinating although I don't like some stuff on it. Beat, 3oaPP and Thrak are all stunningly good.
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2018 at 00:32
Beat dont click on me
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2018 at 12:06
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Beat dont click on me

Same here...it's the only Crimson studio album I don't own.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2018 at 13:12
I don't quite understand the hate for "Beat," the song "Sartori in Tangier" is worth the price of admission.  

Not as good as "Discipline," but still a fine effort.  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Walkscore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walkscore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2018 at 19:16
While there is no bad Krimson album, for me the one that stands out as the weakest here - by far - is Construkction of Light. 

Three of a Perfect Pair and Thrak are wonderful albums. I can understand why people rate Beat lower - it is actually too short - but it is still wonderful music. (and Bruford's playing!)
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2018 at 08:15
Beat is maybe my second favourite KC album. 
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2018 at 09:33
I read the question wrong too, voted Islands but it's my favourite of the bunch. 
Worst would be Beat or Three Of A Perfect Pair
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 05:21
The worst is ConstruKction of light, followed by Beat.
Islands is the best album of this particular selection. Sadly, many voted for it by mistake.
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2018 at 11:21
'ConstruKction' was a mess albeit an interesting, well recorded mess. Still ...

Edited by Rednight - September 11 2018 at 11:21
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2018 at 16:43
Thrak 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 00:09
Thrak 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uduwudu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 04:46
Dammit Janet - I voted on instinct - worst KC album? Never mind what I did; I went for the album I like most out of the lowest rated.

Vinyl Hoth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vinyl Hoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2019 at 14:32
Everything after Red !

iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2019 at 00:24
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

I read the question wrong too, voted Islands but it's my favourite of the bunch. 
Worst would be Beat or Three Of A Perfect Pair
Did the same and voted for islands when i should have voted for Beat. Would love to work in a band that had those five listed as their worst albums.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2019 at 03:10
Islands.

It's a classic album, and one of their best IMO.

Thrak aint too shoddy either, and personally I prefer Beat to TOAPP, although the title track on TOAPP is my favourite Belew era track.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Hiram View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2022 at 23:39
Bump!

Three of a Perfect Pair > Thrak > Construkction of Light. Never got much out of Islands or Beat. 

edit: now I notice I'm an idiot and didn't read the op that asked to vote for the worst of these. Dead

Edited by Hiram - June 03 2022 at 23:40
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 00:35
I voted for my clear favourite, Islands, but then read the poll question: "Which one do you think is the worst?", although I'd be very surprised if I'm the only one who mistakenly voted for their favourite album. Embarrassed

Anyway, I can't choose a worst album out of the four remaining as I dislike them all equally. Thumbs Down

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - June 04 2022 at 00:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>