Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guerilla Toss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guerilla Toss
    Posted: September 07 2018 at 12:34
Who has ever heard this frantic sh*t? : D

I happen to love there first two but would never admit in public (especially the first, I would never dare to show anyone)

For anyone who doesnīt know Guerilla Toss redefine hard to sit through music by creating music that is hard to bear for even the noise freaks of you (I challenge you!) Not the loudest or pure noise band around but they found other ways believe me.

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=10567

Edited by GrafHaarschnitt - September 07 2018 at 12:36
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 12:46
They got pretty positive feedback from us RIO/Avant guys when we reviewed them for inclusion, good stuff.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 18:42
I liked Eraser Stargazer, though not intensely. That's the only one I've heard, though. I am interested in checking out more. Definitely some interesting stuff. 
Shrek the Progre View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrek the Progre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 12:25
Wow, I came across the album GT Ultra last month and looked them up a bit, pretty sure they weren't in Progarchives by that time.

In my opinion it's awesome to see Progarchives accepting artists that identify with this somewhat more generic brand, "art-rock". After all progressiveness is more about attitude (that is, the emancipation of rock - from object of mass consumption to art or whatever) than estabilished aesthetics.

I'll be sure to check out more of their work.
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 09:54
Originally posted by Shrek the Progre Shrek the Progre wrote:

Wow, I came across the album GT Ultra last month and looked them up a bit, pretty sure they weren't in Progarchives by that time.

In my opinion it's awesome to see Progarchives accepting artists that identify with this somewhat more generic brand, "art-rock". After all progressiveness is more about attitude (that is, the emancipation of rock - from object of mass consumption to art or whatever) than estabilished aesthetics.

I'll be sure to check out more of their work.

Nice to hear man although I donīt necessarily see them as an art Rock only. I mean they include lots of styles in a jazzy manner and have many crimsonian touches I suggested them manly for their first two ones and maybe the third though. If you only heard GT Ultra you should probably be aware that the first ones are totally different in style and harshness but recognizable as the same band. I recommend Guerilla Toss, but only if youre in "Mighty Destructor" mood and the first one for its long track. The third one is a bit lets say special with its disco and funk (actually I am a sucker for funk) and I only really love "Sugar Better" from that one.

PS: If you habe a fable for the more progressive in the literal sense bands go through this list:

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116309

Edited by GrafHaarschnitt - September 20 2018 at 10:23
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 10:36
Been a fan since Eraser Stargazer came out a couple of years ago. I consider them among my favorite current bands now. Tons of fun and a lot more complex than it may first appear to be.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 10:41
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Been a fan since Eraser Stargazer came out a couple of years ago. I consider them among my favorite current bands now. Tons of fun and a lot more complex than it may first appear to be.

Hmm.. Donīt like that one very much sounds a bit poppier to me I happen to see the complexities though and the production is irresistibly great, but as a whole it has the sound that goes on my nerves the most with all those squeeky electronics and I simply canīt enjoy or see any inspirational structure in it. What do you think of GT Ultra and the upcoming one. You like them taking that indie direction?
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 17:45
Originally posted by GrafHaarschnitt GrafHaarschnitt wrote:

Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Hmm.. Donīt like that one very much sounds a bit poppier to me I happen to see the complexities though and the production is irresistibly great, but as a whole it has the sound that goes on my nerves the most with all those squeeky electronics and I simply canīt enjoy or see any inspirational structure in it. What do you think of GT Ultra and the upcoming one. You like them taking that indie direction?
definitely! I think they’ve gotten better with each release, including the new one
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 10:18
hm.. For me they peaked with the sft. But the new one is catchy as hell.
 the bass playing on the first ones was ingenius.
 Post Reply Post Reply