40 [62.50%]
9 [14.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you listen to Yes, Yes you Can!
    Posted: September 25 2018 at 21:49
Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

^ With luck I will get to hear them live in a bit over a month =D
What? Where? Their 50th concerts in Finland are next week, I am going into next friday!

Man I'm jealous of both you big time at this point. And I think Dellinger is still talking about that festival and getting to hear Ekos(along with Focus and some other great bands). 
Well, at least I believe there will be clips in YouTube from those Wigwam concerts (there are already quite new great pieces from Wigwam Re-visited). If you just think they can at least some point replace that you havenīt got possibility to be there.

Yeah unfortunately flying all the way to Finland and back is not fitting in my budget at the moment. I'll have to just check the clips from the show on youtube(hope they'll be some good ones). And hope you both have a good time at those shows. 
Just came information about the concert, that any recording or filming from the audience is not allowed. But I believe there will be anyway something. Theyīre today also in Helsinki, so there can be something in YouTube already today...
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2018 at 16:04

What? Where? Their 50th concerts in Finland are next week, I am going into next friday!

Man I'm jealous of both you big time at this point. And I think Dellinger is still talking about that festival and getting to hear Ekos(along with Focus and some other great bands). 
Well, at least I believe there will be clips in YouTube from those Wigwam concerts (there are already quite new great pieces from Wigwam Re-visited). If you just think they can at least some point replace that you havenīt got possibility to be there.

Yeah unfortunately flying all the way to Finland and back is not fitting in my budget at the moment. I'll have to just check the clips from the show on youtube(hope they'll be some good ones). And hope you both have a good time at those shows. 
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2018 at 02:13

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2018 at 00:08
^Ok, great. I think itīs just I have never been good with those emojis.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 21:08
Not exactly, just the misundertanding. Or whatever. Perhaps would have been more apropriate.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2018 at 22:27
^Oh, did I punch you? If so not meant to.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2018 at 21:21
^    
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 23:22
^Ok. I was thinking after my posting maybe youīre talking about your earlier post.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 21:47
^ Yeah, Focus. It seems someone postes between my post and yours, otherwise I would have quoted instead.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 16:44

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 02:36

AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 22:29
I can listen to Yes I guess. I can listen to Can with green eggs and ham. I can listen to Wakeman and even Haken and I can listen to Howe and say wow. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 22:07
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 22:07
^Well, that was Pekkaīs composition Hot Mice. He also made PK`s Supernaut & One More Try. But I am thinking those all three made their best in that album, not at least Jukka in his great entity "a Joined To Conscience" which consit songs "Fairyport", "Gray Traitors", "CafffKafff, the Country Psychologist" & "May Your Will Be Done, Dear Lord".

Great to hear you are into Wigwam, I have also been 35 years!
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 20:32

Well, I have always loved the whole song, but specially that vocal part, I think itīs kind of "crown" of that song. Those instrumental parts already take you into very high atmosphere, but in that vocal part it rises even higher level with Jukka & Jim singing together (itīs the only studio piece where they sing together) in a very great way a great melody!

Actually "Losing Hold" is the only song where these three great composers worked together. Story tells Pekka had made those instrumental parts, but he thought something missing, so he asked Jukka to do something into the song. Jukka added that vocal part and thought when they were working together that he would ask Jim to make lyrics. Jim did them and then they also sang it together! I think this is the greatest Wigwam song and really would like to imagine what would have happened if they had worked more together, but I quess it just couldnīt ever been possible. What I have read they were all quite individualists and really had a strong view how they wanted their songs to sounded like.

But when you liked those Pekka-made instrumental parts, you should listen this song from the same album (as one can think about the song name, itīs higly influenced By Zappaīs Hot Rats-album):

Thanks for the link man, but when I click on it it says that the video is not available in my country. Oh well, I listened to some more Wigwam today anyway and I'm liking them more and more! 

Dellinger, well at the time I was trying to post with my phone(didn't have the laptop) and it would NOT let me. So got frustrated and left, plus I had a lot of other things going on also at that time. Anyway have fun at your concerts. I still like Ekos a lot, hope they come out with some new material soon. 
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 02:07

Mortte, yeah that was good what you just posted. I would have liked it better as just instrumental(with no singing) but musically it was very good. I'm starting to actually like Wigwam a lot. 

Well, I have always loved the whole song, but specially that vocal part, I think itīs kind of "crown" of that song. Those instrumental parts already take you into very high atmosphere, but in that vocal part it rises even higher level with Jukka & Jim singing together (itīs the only studio piece where they sing together) in a very great way a great melody!

Actually "Losing Hold" is the only song where these three great composers worked together. Story tells Pekka had made those instrumental parts, but he thought something missing, so he asked Jukka to do something into the song. Jukka added that vocal part and thought when they were working together that he would ask Jim to make lyrics. Jim did them and then they also sang it together! I think this is the greatest Wigwam song and really would like to imagine what would have happened if they had worked more together, but I quess it just couldnīt ever been possible. What I have read they were all quite individualists and really had a strong view how they wanted their songs to sounded like.

But when you liked those Pekka-made instrumental parts, you should listen this song from the same album (as one can think about the song name, itīs higly influenced By Zappaīs Hot Rats-album):
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 21:36
^ Actually, I didn't know why you had stopped writing, I only noticed it. As for Unreal City... yeah, I had forgotten they seemed to theme their albums after some sort of horror stories, as far as I can understand (since I don't know italian, just some words that seem similar to spanish words). And about Nightwish, well, I already have the tickets, and they are one of the favourite bands of my wife (and I do like them, besides, they have a great singer now, unlike the previous time we got to see them), so, it's not really an option to quit that concert. About the festival, I'll have to check out with the guy that organizes the trip, he seems bound to do a trip to the festival too, and he may help the organizers of the festival to sell tickets in my city, so I might just as well make up my mind while we go to the Nightwish one. Oh yeah, and it's 4 hour trip to get there, and them back here, at about 11 or 12 in the night, after the show is done.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 20:57
Mortte, yeah that was good what you just posted. I would have liked it better as just instrumental(with no singing) but musically it was very good. I'm starting to actually like Wigwam a lot. 

Dellinger, I was listening to some of Unreal City's self titled album and it is very eclectic. Sounds really good but some of the lyrics turn me off a bit. Do like Ekos though, I will keep listening to them. And as far as that four hour drive, I would say maybe don't go to the Nightwish deal but do go to the one with Focus and Ekos plus that classic Italian band. I don't know that's probably what I'd do. 

Micky, I feel your pain. As Dellinger knows I quit the forum for about 3 months this past spring because of Captcha not letting me post. Was actually trying to post a response to him and it kept not letting me, so eventually I just quit. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 23:07

Yeah Caravan is definitely one of my favorite bands(of any genre), and actually I was listening to Nuclear Nightclub(didn't see the full album of hard n horny anywhere on youtube) and it sounded kinda like Cunning Stunts or Blind Dog at St. Dunstans. Good stuff. Also I was listened to one those bands that our friend Dellinger recommended, Ekos, and that was actually surprisingly good. 

So these could be two new bands for me. Thanks guys. :)

It's good you liked Ekos. They have only got 2 albums so far, but I hope they'll be doing more great music. Actually, if I make up my mind, I might end up watching them in a bit over a month now. There will be a festival with them on board, but I haven't bought tickets yet... it's about 4 hours drive from where I live, but most concerts I am interested in I have to go there (Mexico City). I'm going to see Nightwish in a few weeks, and I haven't made up my mind to make the trip again so soon... but it sure would be worth it. There's these Ekos guys playing there, plus some italian new guys too, Unreal City, who are great too (perhaps you should check them too, their 3 albums so far are also wonderful), and there's also Focus, whom I do love too, and Le Orme, one of the italian classics (though I have no idea how many of the originals are still playing).
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 21:59

Yeah Caravan is definitely one of my favorite bands(of any genre), and actually I was listening to Nuclear Nightclub(didn't see the full album of hard n horny anywhere on youtube) and it sounded kinda like Cunning Stunts or Blind Dog at St. Dunstans. Good stuff. Also I was listened to one those bands that our friend Dellinger recommended, Ekos, and that was actually surprisingly good. 

So these could be two new bands for me. Thanks guys. :)
Youīre welcome! Nuclear is most respected album of theirs. I have always been more into their "first" period (actually there were also three different line-ups), so try sometime their masterpiece "Fairyport" if you can find it as a whole somewhere (listen at least this, the great opener: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8nrpTCxSQ . But when you have liked Nuclear, I think you will like also their other last seventies albums, the Lucky Golden Stripes & Starpose & Dark Album. Anyway I really love all the seventies Wigwam!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>