Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some random not-so-well-known prog gems poll pt.2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some random not-so-well-known prog gems poll pt.2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Pick your favorite
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.00%]
3 [6.00%]
1 [2.00%]
1 [2.00%]
1 [2.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.00%]
5 [10.00%]
3 [6.00%]
1 [2.00%]
2 [4.00%]
1 [2.00%]
7 [14.00%]
1 [2.00%]
1 [2.00%]
1 [2.00%]
2 [4.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [4.00%]
6 [12.00%]
1 [2.00%]
1 [2.00%]
1 [2.00%]
2 [4.00%]
4 [8.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_olariu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 11:59
Birth Control and Atlas for me, the rest are also solid albums
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 15:08
Again some very nice things on that list....
Happy The Man
Atlas
Finch'
Gilgamesh

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Boojieboy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boojieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 15:20
(Chuckle) I only know one album in that list - Earth & Fire's "Song of the Marching Children" - but it's my favorite from them. So I'm going with that one! 
Hercules View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hercules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 15:40
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Basket of Light.

Amazingly, I agree. Superb album.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 15:52
^ and perhaps my #2 of the options..what a great album and  an album and group my better half really REALLY turned me on to.

Funny.. she turned me on to a bunch of English stuff I really didn't know... yet I introducted her (or in some cases reintroduced) her to the great non-English albums.

I guess one can be predisposed as natives on ones language and culture in prog to seek those different than those we grew up with.

Edited by micky - September 14 2018 at 15:53
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 16:55
So many great options: Crucis, Invisible, Alphataurus, Cervello, Ange, Semiramis, Kingston Wall... 
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 17:06
Some excellent choices. I'll go with Gila this time. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 18:13
Glad and quite surprised honestly to see This Heat getting so much love.
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2018 at 21:52
I'm going with Cervello on this one
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2018 at 05:38
Pentangle of what I know.
King Crimson776 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Crimson776 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 04:18
1. Happy The Man: "Happy The Man"

2. Atlas: "Bla Vardag"
3. Anyone's Daughter: "Anyone's Daughter"
4. Crucis: "Los Delirios Del Mariscal"
5. Ange: "Au-Dela Du Delire"
Junges View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 00:37
Thinking Plague 0 votes? whuuuuut
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2018 at 10:32
A terrific list per my tastes.

I wonder why I didn't post before, probably because I like most everything here, and the other three I didn't know. The ones that I hadn't listened to, other than maybe a track from Indian Summer, are "Indian Summer", Finch: "Glory Of The Inner Force", and "Kingston Wall: "Kingston Wall II".

My favourites of the others may be the Alphataurus, Eider Stellaire, Eskaton. Arachnoid (my traditional favourite album in Symphonic Prog at PA), Gilgamesh, Ange, and the Gila album, but I love many more in the list such as The Pentangle, the Sloche (though I prefer J'un oeil), and Semiramis. I guess Atlas I'm not so keen on, but I still think it's good, and while I like Thinking Plague, I don't like In Extremis as much as the earlier TP albums, Moonsongs and In This Life, or the latter A History of Madness.

Two of my favourites have no votes: Gila: "Gila- Free Electric Sound" and "4 Visions". I'm going with Eskaton (I have loved that album to bits over the years and it's the first Zeuhl album that I really got into as I recall).
CristauxFeur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CristauxFeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2018 at 22:09
STADACONÉ > Au dela du délire > Anyone's Daughter > Happy The man > Gilgamesh
Dragged down by the stone
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2018 at 19:16
Gilgamesh is the only one that I regularly listen to and enjoy. Quite nice and the only reason I'm bothering to post, though it's a little more keyboard centered than what I usually favor, nevertheless, very enjoyable.

However, I don't know enough about the others widely speaking to vote. I do know I don't care for Happy the Man. I do have some sort of Wigwam album, but I don't remember a thing about it. I've been meaning to check out Ange, but haven't yet. That's as far as it goes for me.

A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 11:55
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Basket of Light.

Yes
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12