Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evolution 'Future' 1992 tape - help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evolution 'Future' 1992 tape - help!!
    Posted: September 19 2018 at 02:12
Guys

The first volume of my books containing all of my progressive rock reviews and interviews from 1991-2006 will soon be published by Gonzo Media. The editor asked me to include the artwork from all releases, and to date I am missing just one, namely Evolution's 'Future' cassette tape from 1992 - note, this is not the same as Evolve's 'Future' which was released at a later date. I have been in contact with Ken Senior (Evolution), and he can't find a copy of it either. Does anyone out there have a copy lurking somewhere, and they can send me a scan of the cover? I honestly thought I had kept every demo tape I was ever sent, but this has obviously gone missing in one of my house moves in the last 25 years.

As I said, in the title, help!!!!!!

Kev
All five volumes of The Progressive Underground now available
https://www.amazon.com/Kev-Rowland/e/B07RJVRB2X
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 09:40
I used to have this tape, but got rid of all of them. I think I gave it to my brother, and I'll ask him to forward me a picture of it if he still has it. Hopefully, I'll get it, so I can send it to you.
kev rowland View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2018 at 14:39
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I used to have this tape, but got rid of all of them. I think I gave it to my brother, and I'll ask him to forward me a picture of it if he still has it. Hopefully, I'll get it, so I can send it to you.

That is great news - this is being really hard to track down, so really appreciate  it if you can get a copy.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 04:19
Sorry, Ken. I no got. However, congratulations on the upcoming publishing of your work! Glad to see someone get at least a little coin (hopefully!) and recognition for what can only have been a labor of love!  Clap

Edited by SteveG - September 21 2018 at 04:16
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 18:01
Thanks Steve - collating all this, mostly from hard copy, took me 2 1/2 years as in total it is more than half a million words long! Not sure I'll get any coin from it, but just being able to say that I have had a book published is a dream I never thought would eventuate. Hopefully Volumes 2 and 3 will follow on fairly quickly, and I know that there is going to be loads in there for prog lovers - there were so few of us writing about the genre at the time, and it was all through fanzines as magazines did their very best to ignore the underground scene and there was no internet! I actually starting running the magazine using a typewriter, and cut and paste was literally that!!

Thanks again ClapClap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 17:34
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 17:35
Only just realised that Ken actually sent me a demo which had Future on one side and Part of the Machine on the other, so I already had the cover - doh!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 17:04
Originally posted by kev rowland kev rowland wrote:

Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

That is great news - this is being really hard to track down, so really appreciate  it if you can get a copy.

So my brother does not have the tape, sorry about that. I will ask another friend if I gave it to him, and will let you know.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kev rowland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 21:46
Really appreciate it, thanks

Post Reply Post Reply