1 [3.13%]
3 [9.38%]
2 [6.25%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seven tracks from 1966 to 1970
    Posted: September 20 2018 at 06:45
No descriptive title: Just some 1966 to 1970 tracks with some similarities, choose your favourite. I would have included more, but I wanted to embed videos and this number of embeds alone will cause problems for some -- I was thinking about including some Amon Duul II and Ashra Tempel, maybe a little Can, plus a little Sun Ra and Grateful Dead, plus some others.

The 13th Floor Elevators - "Roller Coaster" (1966)

Jefferson Airplane - "Spare Chaynge" (1967)

Pink Floyd - "Interstellar Overdrive" (1967)

Arzachel - Metempsychosis (1969)

Tommy James and the Shondells - "Cellophane Symphony" (1969)

Quicksilver Messenger Service - "Calvary" (1969)

Tangerine Dream - "Journey Through a Burning Brain" (1970)

Edited by Logan - September 20 2018 at 06:46
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 07:00
I wasnīt familiar with Arzachel & Tommy James, listened them a bit and they sounded really interesting, going to listen the albums where they are absolutely! I really love 13th Floor Elevators, but itīs still Interstellar for me! Not long ago I listened that Tangerine Dream first album first time, I quite a like it!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 07:25
very tough choices between Spare Chaynge, Overdive , Burning Brain and Calvary, but ultimately the QMS track is so enormously gigantic that it can't be topped on this list.
This is track that saves Happy Trails, IMHO (the rest being a big Diddley-esque jam)
socrates17 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socrates17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 07:48
Some outstanding stuff on this poll.  I could have voted for the 13th Floor Elevators, Jefferson Airplane or Pink Floyd, but I had to go with Calvary by Quicksilver Messenger Service.  Duncan & Cipollina were at their absolute peak in this performance.
frankbostick View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankbostick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 07:52
Quicksilver M.S. over Pink Floyd and Jefferson Airplane.
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 08:22
Jefferson Airplane.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 10:08
I think I got to relisten to a couple of these... + listen for the first time to Cellophane Symphony
Wanorak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wanorak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 10:29
Interstellar Overdrive
A GREAT YEAR FOR PROG!!!
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 12:01
One great track that would have fitted well here is Country Joe & the Fish: Section 43
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 13:28
A tie for me between Arzachel and Quicksilver......though I would probably play Quicksilver more if forced to choose...I really like those first two albums.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 13:33
TD all the way.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 15:41
Syd's psychedelic version of the Steptoe & Son theme gets my vote.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2018 at 16:36
Floyd, followed by QMS.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 16:08
Interstellar is great and it's a pity that the version ended up on piper wasn't a 40 minutes acid improvisation, but my vote goes to Arzachel.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 17:18
I could vote for any of these, especially right now the Arzachel, the Tangerine Dream, the Quicksilver Messenger Service and the Tommy James and the Shondells album, but I'm giving a vote to Cellophane Symphony because I like it very much and I don't think any one else will vote for it.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 17:21
Pf over TD 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 20:19
It was pretty much a three way tie for me between Floyd, Arzachel, and QMS, but in the end, I came down with the majority on this one.  
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 22:10
if not for Jack Casady and my insane man love for him this would have been a slam dunk for Metempsychosis.  I do love not just that but the whole f**king album is killer. An album that is on Raff and I's regular play at home rotation.

but anytime Jorma and Jack go flying off into the sun...and they did with that one... it gets my vote.   
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2018 at 23:18
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I could vote for any of these, especially right now the Arzachel, the Tangerine Dream, the Quicksilver Messenger Service and the Tommy James and the Shondells album, but I'm giving a vote to Cellophane Symphony because I like it very much and I don't think any one else will vote for it.
I listened the whole Cellophane Symphony-album, well itīs not the greatest album of the sixties, but I liked it, specially the arrangements were really great! Also I think there were some better songs as the tittle song, for example Evergreen & Changes.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2018 at 07:18
I loved Cellophane Symphony so right now its my favorite... All of them are great though

Two favorite late 60's tunes that I think fits the concept:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>