Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spongebob Squarepants and Adventure Time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spongebob Squarepants and Adventure Time
    Posted: September 24 2018 at 11:08
Two series that mixes the absurd, the hillarious, sudden changes, suprising and to-the-point humor. Not shy on being wierd and gross. So much humor traditions weeved into what on the surface seems to be children aimed cartoons yet adults enjoy it as well.

Almost as satiricaly direct as South Park at its best, i will say it also aims at the same audience of South Park, Family Guy, Futurama, Ed, Edd and Eddy and other series that have a non specific age aim.

I am a novice at Adventure Time but ive started to engulf it. I am more well versed in Spongebob and in its appeal as a series aimed at both young and aged demography.

Any other fans of Spongebob and Adventure Time?

Edited by Icarium - September 24 2018 at 11:13
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2018 at 11:19
Never really got into AT but I love Spongebob. The best animated shows are the ones that appear on the surface to be aimed at kids but really aren't. 
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2018 at 11:39
I like that all the main characters of Spongebob is invertabries, A sponge, a star fish, a crab, a squid, and a plankton except of Sandy whom is a roodent (mammal). As the core characters are Spongebob Squarepants, Patric Starfish, Eugene Krabs, Squidward Tentacles, Plankton and Sandy Cheeks.

Edited by Icarium - September 24 2018 at 11:39
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2018 at 14:19
I read today that in 2017 the creator of Spongebob Squarepants got diagnosed with ALS. It is in its earlyest stage. Quite a shock.

Edited by Icarium - September 24 2018 at 14:21
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2018 at 14:30
I've never even heard of Adventure Time but a big fan of Spongebob - which I kind of think of as Ren & Stimpy with a heart... or something like that (love Ren & Stimpy even more still)
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2018 at 14:54
Loved Ren and Stimpy (recorded the first few seasons on VHS tapes back in the early 90s when there was a marathon). I never got so into Spongebob Squarepants, but I enjoyed watching it with my children. I don't know Adventure Time at all well.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2018 at 04:53
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

I've never even heard of Adventure Time but a big fan of Spongebob - which I kind of think of as Ren & Stimpy with a heart... or something like that (love Ren & Stimpy even more still)

They are using a new animation style on the newest Spongebob episodes and it sometimes reminds me of the animation used in Ren and Stimpy. 

Ren and Stimpy was great. Insane but great LOL

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2018 at 05:22
Love Spongebob but can only tolerate it in small doses. Since i don't watch TV at all any longer, i don't have the chance to watch it unless i'm at friends' house who have kids. I also love Ren & Stimpy, Duckman, Family Guy and a million others but have taken a break from TV in the last few years.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2018 at 06:58
I feel like I have a lot in common with Patrick Starfish.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2018 at 14:34
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

I feel like I have a lot in common with Patrick Starfish.
are you a slob?
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2018 at 06:53
^I was thinking more on the lines of brain power, but yeah, sloppiness shows up from time to time.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
 Post Reply Post Reply