Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2019 at 11:16
Has anyone here had the chance to see him yet on the N. American tour? I was just wondering how it was going.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2019 at 12:31
I've heard several very good reports.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
enigma View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 09:44
A work colleague has offered me a spare ticket for the Roundhouse show in May. Really looking forward to seeing them again.

Edited by enigma - April 14 2019 at 09:44
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 10:26
Saw them last night in Boston, really excellent show, band are excellent and seem to be enjoying themselves. The audience were really into it. Loads of great tracks I played to death in my youth and really happy to get to see them live.

Edited by Nogbad_The_Bad - April 14 2019 at 10:28
Ian

enigma View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2019 at 11:58
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Saw them last night in Boston, really excellent show, band are excellent and seem to be enjoying themselves. The audience were really into it. Loads of great tracks I played to death in my youth and really happy to get to see them live.

Great pics, thanks for posting them.
It is fantastic to see these pieces being played, especially Atom Heart Mother. Gary Kemp was a revelation.
enigma View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 14:09
Roger joined them on stage in NY to play gong and provide vocals on Set the Controls
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 16:22
Originally posted by enigma enigma wrote:

Roger joined them on stage in NY to play gong and provide vocals on Set the Controls

Wow - that's awesome.. I gotta check it out. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 16:47
Originally posted by enigma enigma wrote:

That makes me wish I went to that gig even more. Ouch

but that's awesome. I hope we get some sort of live CD from all this.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 17:24
Ian

caterham View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caterham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 01:47

Edited by caterham - May 14 2019 at 01:49
Fuzzarrow View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2020 at 08:12
I will be seeing Nick Mason's Saucerful Secrets come june. The tickets were a little pricey but well worth it I hope!
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2020 at 10:54

Tickets bought for Boston gig next April, super stoked.

Ian, where did you come across those tickets? Everything I see shows only European gigs in 2020:
Fuzzarrow View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzarrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2020 at 13:29
Originally posted by wiz_d_kidd wiz_d_kidd wrote:

Ian, where did you come across those tickets? Everything I see shows only European gigs in 2020:

This thread is rather old. You're quoting someone who bought tickets in 2018 and saw them last year LOL because you are correct that so far 2020 seems to be only Europe.
enigma View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2020 at 13:53
There is a DVD, blu-Ray, and double album out on April 17th - live at the Roundhouse.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2020 at 13:55
Originally posted by Fuzzarrow Fuzzarrow wrote:

This thread is rather old. You're quoting someone who bought tickets in 2018 and saw them last year LOL because you are correct that so far 2020 seems to be only Europe.

You are correct sir!
Ian

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2020 at 09:30
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Some fairly good recordings of a number of full shows are on youtube. Not as good as a proper DVD of course, but of bearable up to enjoyable quality.

(Sorry about the late reply)

That was the point of the bootlegs, though ... it was not about the "quality" ... it was the fact that showed how far out and great some of these concerts were, but you really have to use some imagination, when they do a lot of their sound effects bits in between various songs ... something that eventually became DSOTM and TW even later in a more "refined" style. PF, Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead had the biggest list of bootlegs in the early 70's ... and the reason? Each and every piece was different each time, and it was neat to see this, and Bob went even further ... changing/adding lyrics left and right!

But the many versions of this song or that song, were far out ... and it was neat to trip on them, and all of them gave you a very different sentiment and visual (for me!) that a lot of other music did not.

This was the strength of PF in those days ... a fabulous trip band ... and the reason why so many folks got busted a few years later in LA and other places ... because the cops knew that there was going to be massive amounts of dope around ... but I have to tell you that seeing these cops on the floor pulling people out of the stands, was not fun, and it was sad and pathetic ... and while the music in the show was fine, the feeling got corrupted ... and even later, RW complaining about all the dope that was getting to the stage ... even got boos from many folks ... but again, by that time PF had already sold out to the public anyway ... so it was too late for the idiot RW to open his mouth and complain!

Edited by moshkito - February 05 2020 at 09:34
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
wiz_d_kidd View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz_d_kidd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 14:15
Originally posted by Fuzzarrow Fuzzarrow wrote:

I need to pay more attention (or wear my reading glasses). Geek
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 19:04
Just in case anyone didn’t know, just announced the mid-April release of a concert CD/DVD/Blu-Ray of a Nick Mason/Saucerful show, with other neat stuff. Pre-orders being taken:

http://www.thesaucerfulofsecrets.com/

May be old news but just in case :)
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 19:23
I need that on CD or download
Ian

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2020 at 19:50
I pre-ordered the CD/DVD/poster package. I was really hoping they’d come out with something like this. I even tried searching for bootlegs a few months ago (nothing much out there, glad I waited).
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>