Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poems of Stephen Crane set to music - Preorder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heartscore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poems of Stephen Crane set to music - Preorder
    Posted: October 01 2018 at 13:24
Heartscore: „Black riders part 1“

Can you imagine classic literature set to dark, progressive metal? Would you think, that poems fit well with brutal guitars and a hard, electronic backing? This is exactly what I do on my new album „Black riders part 1“, which is released on the first of November 2018, the day, when Stephen Crane was born 147 years ago. Crane is a famous american poet, who died at the young age of 28 because of Tuberculosis. The fatalistic view of our world found in Crane’s work, definitely influenced by his tragic life, proved to be such an inspiration that I set twenty of his poems to music.

„Black riders part 1“ is released on Bandcamp as a professionally made Cassette, a CD, and a printed Hardcover-book, which contains all the Stephen Crane poetry used, with each poem accompanied by an illustration. All illustrations were custom drawn for the album by Alexander Stanton, an artist from the United Kingdom. Fans can order the cassette or the CD alone or in combination with the book as a „Super package“. Each item is limited to 50 pieces.

You can prelisten five tracks. Check it here:

http://https://heartscore.bandcamp.com/album/black-riders-part-1

Musicians

Chris (courtesy of studiopros): Lead Vocals

Dirk Radloff: Guitars, Violin, Modular Synthesizer, Programming, Choir

Gdaliy Garmiza: Saxophone on "In the desert"

Mix: Dirk Radloff

Mastering: Russell Sinfield at "Cookhouse studios"

setting poems to progressive metal
Listen to my music on bandcamp
 Post Reply Post Reply