1 [1.69%]
1 [1.69%]
2 [3.39%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 05:43
That's impossible to choose, but since Tangram didn't have a single vote, I voted for it. It became a personal favourite of mine more recently and I love it more with every spin.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 09:34
voted Phaedra

but could have easily went with

Ricochet

or

Rubycon

or

Prog On!
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 09:38
Thanks David
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 09:44
Always a pleasure mon ami
Any devout TD fan should get those Official bootleg releases. Well at least the 1st volume is a killer. Haven't checked out number 2 yet which is kinda odd now that I think about it. Strange...
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 10:32
Looks really cool ... and for once, at least for the first volume of 4 Cds, you don't have 80 minutes of music by CD !
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 13:21
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Any devout TD fan should get those Official bootleg releases. Well at least the 1st volume is a killer. Haven't checked out number 2 yet which is kinda odd now that I think about it. Strange...

You're referring to the old sets, or the more recent editions by Esoteric? The 2016 4CD with the complete Paris '78 (Palais des Congrés) and the complete East Berlin 1980 (Palast der Republik) concerts is without a doubt essential! I especially love the '80 PdR show as it's Johannes Schmoelling's first appearance with them.
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 06:43
Stratosfear
flyingveepixie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingveepixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 00:15
Does anyone rate "220 Volt Live" ?    it's one of my faves ....

Edited by flyingveepixie - October 14 2018 at 00:15
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 06:40
TD is only a recent appreciation for me. The electronic and new age spheres have become my goto for sleepytime jams. Stratosphere is easily my favorite, though Zeit, Phaedra, and Rubycon fit nicely for my purposes. Atem could as well, but that weird bird noise thing at the end ruins the atmosphere.

Everything I have heard from Force Majeure and newer gives me no pleasure, though there are significant gaps in what I have heard.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 07:27
Zeit.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 08:45
I love the Thief OST, good movie, too. 

ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 10:56
Zeit for me.
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 12:09
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

I love the Thief OST, good movie, too.

Ditto, ditto. Don't miss Exit. I deem them companion albums. The same synths were used.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 12:18
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

You're referring to the old sets, or the more recent editions by Esoteric? The 2016 4CD with the complete Paris '78 (Palais des Congrés) and the complete East Berlin 1980 (Palast der Republik) concerts is without a doubt essential! I especially love the '80 PdR show as it's Johannes Schmoelling's first appearance with them.

I am referring to the new Esoteric releases. I had the old ones ripped from a friend of mine, but I can't seem to find em these days. What really hit me straight off the bat with the new one was actually the sound quality. I expected poor quality just by the fact that 'bootleg' was in the title I was thankfully proven wrong. I hope it's the same kind of quality one gets from, I gather, Vol 2 that you're referencing to?
Man and I've been telling myself to get it now for the better part of a year and I am still without a copy. Must rectify asap.
What you're describing sounds very enticing and I really love the early period of that particular TD incarnation. The Quichotte live album with the headphone wearing orange on the cover is a fave of mine.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2018 at 12:49

I hope it's the same kind of quality one gets from, I gather, Vol 2 that you're referencing to? Man and I've been telling myself to get it now for the better part of a year and I am still without a copy. Must rectify asap.
What you're describing sounds very enticing and I really love the early period of that particular TD incarnation. The Quichotte live album with the headphone wearing orange on the cover is a fave of mine.

If you love Pergamon/Quichotte as I do, and you obviously do, having the ENTIRE performance will be one of the most pleasurable listening experiences you'll indulge. The sound palette is nothing short of glorious. If they could also release the entire Brussels '80s show (which doesn't have much overlap), that would be another major win for us. (Croydon '82 also some music I've not heard surface anywhere else.)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 00:32
I did not know the Quichotte album. Just for the cover I could buy the vinyl !
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 08:44
Originally posted by Manuel Manuel wrote:

I really cannot choose. Too many great albums and great listening experiences with TD.

+++
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2018 at 21:07
OK. If Phaedra (and Rubycon, by one listen through internet) were not my cup of tea, given it's lack of melody (I mean, I did enjoy it anyway, but it's not something I'll be wanting to visit all that often), is there anything else from the band that I might actually enjoy. About 70's electronic music, I did love Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene and Equinox.
flyingveepixie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingveepixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 00:49
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

OK. If Phaedra (and Rubycon, by one listen through internet) were not my cup of tea, given it's lack of melody (I mean, I did enjoy it anyway, but it's not something I'll be wanting to visit all that often), is there anything else from the band that I might actually enjoy. About 70's electronic music, I did love Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene and Equinox.

Try "Force Majeure".  It's perhaps a bit more what you might call 'accessible'   You could also try my personal favourite which I mentioned in an earlier post   "220 Volt Live".   It's very guitary and even has a cover of 'Purple Haze' on it.

Edited by flyingveepixie - October 19 2018 at 00:50
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2018 at 02:11
Phaedra for me.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>