Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, I am Dorothy.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DorothyBaldieFille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, I am Dorothy.
    Posted: October 16 2018 at 05:57
Hello, I am Dorothy, the daughter of BaldJean (my natural mother) and BaldFriede. I play cello, trombone, keyboards and percussion instruments and also sing a bit. As my sister Alice already said, she, my mothers, my aunt Bea and I are currently planning a really complicated quadruple album. I will be 17 years old in January too.

Edited by DorothyBaldieFille - October 16 2018 at 11:19
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 06:26
Hug  Welcome Dorothy! BaldJean and BaldFriede are highly respected members of PA and you no doubt come from good stock. Good luck with all of your musical ventures. As long as they're prog. ;)

Edited by SteveG - October 16 2018 at 06:27
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 06:32
Wow! Good to have ya here. 
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 10:41
Welcome Dorothy. Wow , such a musical family, It's great to have you here. 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 13:35
Your parents sent me a lovely photo of you and your sister Alice when you were young children, and I reciprocated with a picture of my family, especially my son, Ioan. It was one of the nicest PM exchanges I have had on the site.

So, as the pair of you are now all grown up, as is my ridiculously tall son, I extend my very warm welcome to you both. It is great to have you here, and I hope that both of you will hang around and provide as much insight and, dare I say it, challenging contributions as the old 'uns.

My very best wishes. It is great to have you here.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 14:28
Welcome Dorothy!

I remember that BaldJean and BaldFriede were so kind in welcoming me when I joined the site, so it's lovely to be able to welcome their daughter.

I look forward to reading your posts and I hope you enjoy being part of the prog community.
Songs cast a light on you
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 15:32
well ain't that some sh*t...   if you are half as interesting as your parents you will be a welcome addition to the site.  I count both of them on my short list of most intriguing and interesting individuals this site has, hell... has ever had.

Be proud of them, they are a hoot. And good luck with the album.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
DorothyBaldieFille View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DorothyBaldieFille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2018 at 15:53
Thank you all for the warm welcome. But hey, don't forget my sister joined too using the name AliceBaldieDaughter.

I wanted to use DorothyBaldieDaughter as name, but it turned out to be one letter too long, so I went for the French "Fille" for daughter.

Edited by DorothyBaldieFille - October 16 2018 at 15:56
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 05:03
Welcome! Nice to see the next PA generation step into the arena Smile.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 05:06
Indeed! Welcome aboard Dorothy. I absolutely adore you and your sister’s names but then again your mums’ fave book also happens to be one of mine
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 08:19
Welcome again and I look forward to hearing the music!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2018 at 08:27
Welcome! I have to admit that when i saw two posts that said I am Dorothy and I am Alice i immediately thought that they were about The Wizard of OZ and Alice In Wonderland! LOL

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
 Post Reply Post Reply