Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rachel Flowers "Going Somewhere"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rminsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rachel Flowers "Going Somewhere"
    Posted: October 30 2018 at 17:07

Now Available, “Going Somewhere,” the highly anticipated second solo album by Rachel Flowers!

drg55 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drg55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 04:57
This is one of the best albums I have.

Rachel Flowers is a prodigy, blind, but came to notice playing covers of ELP on YouTube.  She was mentored by Keith Emerson and Greg Lake among others.  She is a virtuoso on many instruments.  Check out Sound Cloud many covers here with new life breathed into them yet amazingly sounding as authentic as they originally were.

This is her second album and it is a delight to listen to.  Her singing is lovely, just remember she wrote all but two songs, performs every instrument apart from a brief guitar appearance by her friend Brian Hutchinson on one of the tracks he wrote.  The standard is top shelf.

Check out this album at Bandcamp.  I recommend Sailing, Free, and Here to Stay, among my current favorites.

Her timing is impeccable, technique immaculate, but as an artist she conveys a joy of life that is completely refreshing.

Edited by drg55 - January 17 2019 at 04:59
 Post Reply Post Reply