Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Must pay to review on Amazon.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Must pay to review on Amazon.com
    Posted: November 04 2018 at 14:32
Since amazon.com is featured on prog archives I thought I would pass this info on:

Even if you have bought stuff in the past, you must be eligible i this manner (from amazon.com)

"Eligibility

To contribute to Customer features (for example, Customer Reviews, Customer Answers, Idea Lists) or to follow other contributors, you must have spent at least $50 on Amazon.com using a valid credit or debit card in the past 12 months"

Because of expensive shipping today making their products un-affordable, This makes it very hard for any non-USA person to post a review that would be viewed by a far larger number of persons, and where I usually look for any reviews, not in my Amazon Canada website that I purchase from

Yep, must effectively pay them to get others to use their company.

A product of Modern business way of thinking, like when a company is losing business today, instead of lowing their prices or increasing the content, like newspapers today, they raise the prices and reduce the content

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 14:38
They just want real customers reviewing not just people with an axe to grind. You think anyone actually buys stuff just so they can post a review?
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 15:19
the Whole Foods thing was a mistake
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 17:52
^ hah.. perhaps they'll buy M@X out and we can do produce reviews in addition to music reviews.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 18:00
Progressive stock.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 18:03
that kind of thinking will make a millionaire of ya David...  pitch it.. and remember me when you hit the big time and big money...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 19:08
Whole Amazon - seems right up Micky's alley, no?
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2018 at 20:02
rush's Big Money is playing in my head as I read this thread .

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2018 at 08:09
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

They just want real customers reviewing not just people with an axe to grind. You think anyone actually buys stuff just so they can post a review?

And that is my main gripe about some reviews, even in PA ... where in simpler words, it was not reviewed, but simply needled (old term for LP's) for 3 seconds on 4 or 5 songs, and then a review written.

It's scary when one sees this and thinking that some of these reviews really should not be there, but within a "democratic" process in a database (what a joke!!!), making these choices, sometimes makes them look petty and out of line and time.

But I find it really scary someone from today, reviewing TFTO and thinking the songs are too long, and there is way too much of nothing in it, and to me, it simply states that the reviewer has no ear for music and its expression, that can only be valuable when it fits their ideas of what a 4 minute song HAS to be!

My hope has always been that PA, and many of its older folks would help with that thought, although I think that too many of them are in it, simply for the "agree with everything", and the "majority", rather than find their individuality in their "review" of a piece of music. It does not mean there are not enough "originals" here, but I always seem to think that more of them would make this music more interesting and prevent it from a death that hurts ... a great period of music and the arts, left behind, because we think everything is just a song!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2018 at 20:50
Whatever it takes to be successful in business, that's what they'll do. Simple as that.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2018 at 07:03
Hi,

I buy things on Amazon. I look for used CD's of the LP's I am trying to get rid of, since I can not carry all that weight at almost 68. It's now under 1500 LP's ... still too many, but a good 80% are probably not even on CD at all!

Been a bit weird or lazy, and have not started the mp3 library, because some of that stuff can be found on mp3, but not on CD.

I, kinda think, and this is just first thought on it, not pre-defined, that it is a fair thing to make sure that the person reviewing has an interest in the product ... it is there because of the interest, and someone trashing it, when they are not buying anything, or they do not know what a review is, is for the bulletin boards that have databases no one looks at, and information is years old and not applicable anymore ... (WoW and Wowhead is the worst example ... things have changed and the same old crap is still there! They must need a "historical example"! And too many of the comments are ideas-crafting based on what is supposed to be, and not do'able or useful at all!)

I have not, had any issues with Amazon at all, and if they continue to do a fine job and not cheat on people like some other companies .... it's alright with me. I have no issues paying for something that is worth it, and not a frivolous whiplash like AT&T does! And the slave owner has the right to rip your money off!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2018 at 07:12
Well they aren't great with their employees and they dodge tax wherever they can and the government will let  them. But as a customer, yes they get my box to me on time at a reasonable price.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
FragileKings View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FragileKings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2018 at 07:34
Way back when (over a decade ago), I went a little nuts writing reviews of albums I had hoped to help promote. Then I didn't for a long time until this year. I had actually received the album as a promo from the record company but Amazon wouldn't accept my review because the CD was not a verifiable purchase. Soon after, I found that a CD bought on Amazon Japan could not be reviewed on Amazon.com. So I gave up.

Amazon still sends me messages as king to write reviews for purchased items but I hate to write something and then have it rejected for some reason. Yes, I have encountered that $50 purchase nonsense. I only buy from Amazon.com when it's not available in Japan or Amazon's price is much cheaper even with the shipping.
I used to be a fan of particular bands like Rush, Yes, and Deep Purple. Now I travel the Proglands, exploring a little bit of everything. I have become a Prog Voyager.
 Post Reply Post Reply