Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiacs: Arresting Closers

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Which song of these is your favourite?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [22.22%]
4 [44.44%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [11.11%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [22.22%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cardiacs: Arresting Closers
    Posted: November 06 2018 at 11:00
Cardiac Arrest: The Obvious Identity - "A Balloon for Bertie's Party"
Toy World - "A Time for Rejoicing"
The Seaside - "To Go Off and Things"
A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window - "The Whole World Window"
On Land and in The Sea - "The Everso Closely Guarded Line"
Heaven Born and Ever Bright - "Snakes-a-Sleeping"
Sing to God - "Foundling"
Guns - "Will Bleed Amen"
Songs for Ships and Irons - "All His Geese Are Swans"

Again not doing live albums and still including the compilation album Songs for Ships and Irons.

I lean towards "The Whole World Window", and I think that it's a superb closer (well, I always enjoy bonus tracks after it), but "Foundling" I also love and I also find to be a perfect closer. And "Will Bleed Amen" is terrific, and I love "All His Geese Are Swans", and...

"The Whole World Window" for me -- it has such beauty and plays a big part in that being from my favourite Cardiacs studio album.

Edited by Logan - November 07 2018 at 16:32
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheGazzardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2018 at 11:03
Agree on Whole World Window, although The Ever So Closely Guarded Line, Snakes A Sleeping, and Wireless all put up good fights...
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2018 at 17:16
For me it's between The Ever So Closely Guarded Line and Wireless. Will go with Ever So Closely Guarded Line, although Wireless is the more dedicated closer, as is the Whole World Window. I find it interesting that some of these really seem to be made for closing (also Snakes) and some others are rather like "don't care where in the album we put this" - To Go Off and Things really belongs somewhere else and All His Geese Are Swans is really rather an opener and Big Ship could've closed that one. Will Bleed Amen makes some effort in the end to close the album properly but really doesn't start like that. The Ever So Closely Guarded Line would work as opener but does the job as closer, too.
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2018 at 14:25
I m sorry to tell you that Wireless is Not the Closer of sing to God

I Chose the ever so closed guarded line

As it may be my favorite Cardiac Song ans Maybe eben favorite song ever. It just Dreams so ridiculously magically Big. Never Seen someone getting more Magic out of Live. The vision is just to brilliant to be believed.

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2018 at 16:35
No worries, I'm used to making mistakes. I'm glad you mentioned it.

Careless of me, I love "Foundling" and Sing to God I've listened to at least a hundred times. "Wireless" is only the last song off Disc One.

Edited by Logan - November 07 2018 at 16:36
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2018 at 20:27
Voted The Everso Closely Guarded Line, maybe itīs my favorite song of Cardiacs, that mellotron itīs beautiful and beautiful and beautiful................................
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2018 at 15:36
At first I thought this was a new album, but...that guy with the fiery gun hand should definitely be arrested Tongue

Edited by Slartibartfast - November 23 2018 at 15:36
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply