Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Take a pic on Nov. 11th at 11:11 for prog video
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Take a pic on Nov. 11th at 11:11 for prog video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophTJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Take a pic on Nov. 11th at 11:11 for prog video
    Posted: November 09 2018 at 17:38

PICTURES WANTED for music video !!!

Soon again it's 11.11. 11:11
Last year - we were fully involved in the studio recordings for our song 11:11 - there were cryptic sms within the band. This time, we want YOUR photos: Whatever you do on Sunday at 11:11, wherever you are. Take a picture and send it to us! We prefer the best possible quality sent by email to [email protected]
If you sent in enough pictures, we'll put a YouTube video together with our current title as the soundtrack. We are looking forward to your ideas & pictures. Please spread this call. Because the more photos you take the more exciting the project could be...

THX in advance
The J Conspiracy - Progressive rock from Germany
www.thejconspiracy.net
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2018 at 18:03
oh I can SO do that man....  and for this... beer will be involved. Bless all veterans.. but especially them.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 02:43
^Veterans? You mean folks over 50?
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 05:11
what's 50 got to do with it man... unless you are talking how much combat, seeing death and killing ages you mentally or psychologically. As vividly evidenced by the guy in SoCall this week. It can destroy one's sense of humanity.  I'll will and have many a time bought a drink for the kids that made it through the hell of that 2nd Iraqi fiasco or Afghanistan.  

I will say many bad things about the place l work, but the one good thing is they know how to treat the vets they have right. It is a federal holiday here but we are a private company but they usually give me the day off with pay when Veterans Day falls during the week.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 05:49
We're not all Americans Micky - neither is the OP
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 05:52
just providing context to my 11 11 11 11 picture... with an acknowledgement to the special nature of this particular year
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 06:02
I never got Veteran's Day to be completely honest with you. Instead they should declare it 'Throw the warmongerers in the pillory for all to see-day'.
In a couple of decades you'd be free of having to woo the brave veterans that fought and died in yet another pointless war about control, sand and oil.

Alrght back on topic! I don't take pics so i'm out of the equation. Best of luck to The J Conspiracy

- Douglas Adams
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 06:19
off topic is where the fun is .. so keeping it out there for another post at least

I agree with you in a way.  I do respect my office for showing their appreciation for honoring what it was.. and what that day here should recognize.. service to one's country.. to something other than one's self.

Unfortunately the very warmongerers, not the veteran but those that shatter their lives not to mention those of countless others, not only took advantage of the service but continue later to ham it up to ridiuculo0us and embarrassing proportions in honoring them later.  Of all the things I've seen happen here under the current regime that have sickened me.. and trust me David.. there has been a lot. It was that stupid parade idea with tanks rolling down the streets of D.C.  Pure exploitation not out of honoring service but playing politics with it. Very often those warmongerers are the captain bone spurs of the world who had better things to do with their lives than sserve their country.. yet have no compunction about putting others lives in peril and often for economic, political, and ideological games.

and back to on topic on my end...

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 06:21
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I never got Veteran's Day to be completely honest with you. Instead they should declare it 'Throw the warmongerers in the pillory for all to see-day'.
In a couple of decades you'd be free of having to woo the brave veterans that fought and died in yet another pointless war about control, sand and oil.

Alrght back on topic! I don't take pics so i'm out of the equation. Best of luck to The J Conspiracy

Yep, however Veterans Day exists to remind all us tax paying peons that a twisted psyopathic elite is in control and that they implement war for resource extraction, population control and bloodbath rituals. It's all quite logical but i choose to ignore it since every war since WWII has been unconstitutional and illegal under international law. But i digress. Ho hum. I like your idea though. 

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 06:22
So why wait? With electronic equipment you can just change the time and date to anything you want. It can be 11/11 at 11:11 anytime you want. At least for photographic purposes.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 06:37
I take it you have been reading Wikileaks as well Mike?
Holy faeces! I am at a pćace where I honestly root for yet another round of Trump - a man I detested like the plague not too long ago.
I felt sick to my stomach when I finally realised what is happening in the US and sadly also here in Denmark. Our national energy company DONG was recently sold off to Goldman-Sachs, well half of it, with our minister saying 'these are not the kind of people you say no to'.
No investigations afterwards.
Nor when Obama recently visited Denmark to speak and earn some dough and the entire country was locked down due to a certain car chase that funnily enough originated from the part of Denmark Obama was speaking in.
Denmark has never experienced ANYTHING of similar proportions yet nothing has been said in the press about this. Nothing.
Bear in mind I was a fan of Obama for many years and thoughtt of him as a combo of two of my absolute fave Americans: JFK and Martin Luther King. Then I found out about him signing laws that both made propaganda legal again (something we made imegal after WW1 because we saw the evil that it brought) as well as making it possible for 5 huge corporations to effectively control 90% of the media.
Scary times.

- Douglas Adams
christophTJC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophTJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 07:16
Hmmm.... We're only a German prog band with a small maybe a little crazy idea for a picture video for our latest release "11:11". It's very difficult for us to get what's goin' on in the discussion here.

Maybe you wanna hear the song?
Link to the our track:

Anyway: We hope to get some contributions from out of the forum.

Cheers from Germany
Christoph
The j Conspiracy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 07:47
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I take it you have been reading Wikileaks as well Mike?
Holy faeces! I am at a pćace where I honestly root for yet another round of Trump - a man I detested like the plague not too long ago.
I felt sick to my stomach when I finally realised what is happening in the US and sadly also here in Denmark. Our national energy company DONG was recently sold off to Goldman-Sachs, well half of it, with our minister saying 'these are not the kind of people you say no to'.
No investigations afterwards.
Nor when Obama recently visited Denmark to speak and earn some dough and the entire country was locked down due to a certain car chase that funnily enough originated from the part of Denmark Obama was speaking in.
Denmark has never experienced ANYTHING of similar proportions yet nothing has been said in the press about this. Nothing.
Bear in mind I was a fan of Obama for many years and thoughtt of him as a combo of two of my absolute fave Americans: JFK and Martin Luther King. Then I found out about him signing laws that both made propaganda legal again (something we made imegal after WW1 because we saw the evil that it brought) as well as making it possible for 5 huge corporations to effectively control 90% of the media.
Scary times.

I try to stay away from politics on this site and we probably shouldn't fill this thread with non-related issues but in short: yes, i read wikileaks but i also have listened to literally thousands of hours of whistleblower testimonies over the last few years and as much alternative media as i can soak in. All this crap is going on behind the scenes and democratically elected leaders have basically been neutered of actual power. Apparently Trump was asked to run by the military as to avoid a coup d'etat so that it is as smooth as possible. There is literally a civil war going on covertly in our US government. Way too complex to get into here but in the short term the corporate cabal are trying their hardest to seize control of the entire world before their ultimate defeat. Sounds whack jobby i know but if you dig deep enough for years, it all makes sense. Hang in there. The darkness is being exposed and tribunals and and war crimes trials that will make Nuremburg look like playtime are certainly coming. How and when? We can only guess.

Sorry for distacting from the thread theme. Back to our regularly scheduled program. 

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 08:34
Nice idea. I gave the song a listen earlier today and I thought I heard some puns in the music, as well as a reasonable amount of 11/8 time signatures. I hope that I don't forget to take a pic at the right time Thumbs Up.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 08:40
I'm so sorry Christoph, but some times things stray off course here...though you must admit that all of this talk sorta feels right in a thread about a band called The J Conspiracy
But yeah I'm done.
Thanks for the reply though Mike. I think I've read some of the same stuff as you have and it is quite frankly chilling stuff. Talking to people about this is even harder because they've been fed the same horsemanure for decades by media outlets they trust...just like their folks did and so forth. But yeah back on track!

Fellow prog archive members do The J Conspiracy a solid and send them a bunch of pictures (and while you're at it try reading up on Wikileaks from time to time ).

- Douglas Adams
christophTJC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophTJC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2018 at 11:12
Video is now online on YouTube:

THX to someone_else for contributing Cool

Edited by christophTJC - December 07 2018 at 11:15
 Post Reply Post Reply