Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Felix Meredith for Jazz Rock/Fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Felix Meredith for Jazz Rock/Fusion
    Posted: November 10 2018 at 15:57
Hey Felix

I just listened to, and bought, your album. I think it's a beautiful piece of work.

I'm not on the jr/f team, but I suspect they will feel there is an insufficient rock element for inclusion here. To me anyway it feels like predominantly a jazz album. But if so, I wouldn't worry too much. A rose by any other name, etc. I wish you luck in finding many appreciative ears!

Edited by Mascodagama - November 11 2018 at 03:40
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 11:45
Hello Felix, welcome to the site.

We'll check out your music for a page here, and meanwhile our colleagues at Jazz Music Archives will probably notice your suggestion for their site too.
The Escapist View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Escapist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 07:49
Hey team,

My name is Felix Meredith, and I am a young Melbourne (AU) based musician/composer. I recently released my full-length debut record, "The Escapist", and I would like to be considered for a place on Progarchives! 

"The Escapist" is a stylistically and texturally diverse record which experiments with the boundaries between live recording and electronic manipulation. The 18-minute opening track "The Temple of the Blue Lotus" was written largely as an homage to the classic prog rock "epic" form, and the rest of the record follows suit, experimenting with a range of instrumentation, styles, and production methods. In short, this record sits in the vein of experimental jazz/fusion and is heavily prog inspired. I would be more than happy to discuss the record and/or its inclusion on the site with any moderators or users upon request. 

Cheers, and happy listening!

Felix Meredith

Edited by The Escapist - November 10 2018 at 07:54
 Post Reply Post Reply