FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

which headphone is better upgrade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: which headphone is better upgrade?
    Posted: November 11 2018 at 18:48
LCD X or Xc's .

LOL
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 06:37
I can also vouch for the HiFimans HE400s, they sound great, but I cannot comment on that AKG model as I have not tried.

Can I suggest, if possible where you live, to go test drive some headphones at a high end audio store and music stores (Guitar Centre, etc....).  Hopefully you can find the ones you want to compare.  
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 01:14
Only you can decide which one you'll like the best
If you get either of them you will most likely need an amp...well you would nedd one for k701 which is a very inefficient headphone.
If you're sticking with the Fiio (you should it's a great little dap) then I would much rather recommend that you go with the Hifiman he400s, which is easier to power than the he400i. Sound wise they're close to each other, but the latter most likely needs more juice than what the Fiio is capable of delivering.
I have the he400s btw and it plays wonderfully straight out of a phone...and my bet is that a planar headphone will leave ypu more impressed than what the AKG will do...but it's your ears.

Edit: looking through the specs you may just be able to drive he400i with your current Fiio dap. If you have a stereo receiver/amp with a headphone out you can try that and then compare with the Fiio. If the stereo sounds better it'll likely be because it drives them properly...and then it is entirely up to you whether you want an amp or not:)
Personally i'd just go for the he400s and never have to worry about amplification.

Edited by Guldbamsen - November 11 2018 at 06:36
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Prog-Hifi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-Hifi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2018 at 22:16
I own pair of sennheisers 598 hd ivory.
I own fiio M7 Dap
which of these 2,is better upgrade drives best without amp.

akg 702s which are on sale atm on amazon
Or hifiman he400i which is on sale but an lil more then 702s on amazon?
 Post Reply Post Reply