Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brexit: A change of heart??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Poll Question: Have you changed your mind either way?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
17 [45.95%]
18 [48.65%]
1 [2.70%]
1 [2.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 10:48
^ Yeah, Stephen Barclay telling MPs to vote for the motion and then walking off to vote against it was absolutely priceless.

Brexit has certainly been entertaining, in a black comedy sort of way
Songs cast a light on you
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 15:27
^ pfff.. .I don't know about you but I havne't got the mental image of f**king Theresa May out of my mind.  Granted I have fantasys about Hillary and dat ass.. ummm hmmm.. but she was quite the looker back in the day.  Not sure if I really want to see what she looked like in her youth.

though I was watching the livestream of the votes last week... you do have some prime f**king A MILF material serving..  perhaps the day will come come when politicians stop talking and compensated for their penis's.. and get real.. and start talking bra sizes. Hell yeah!!!

being a democrat rules man.. beats being an old white Republican guy and popping blue pills to get up and oggling young boys in bathrooms to help get with it after speaking to the latest meetings of Fundy christian groups haha
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 17:03
^ Theresa May would definitely be a double bagger, but if f**king her would sort out Brexit then even I might give it a go.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 01:02
Originally posted by Chaser Chaser wrote:

^ Theresa May would definitely be a double bagger, but if f**king her would sort out Brexit then even I might give it a go.

I have seen some shocking and unpalatable comments on Brexit, but this one wins the award by a long chalk
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 02:01
^ Agreed. I'd sooner bang Boris Johnson (at least he's got tits)
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 04:13
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I suspect we'll get a short extension, but for what??? Any deal our PM tables will be rejected purely because it's her deal. Brexit die hards in her own party will want to make no concessions to the EU, and even if the Labour party agreed with every single item within it, they would still vote it down on principle. This is the problem, it's a party political issue, not one of national interest.

What should have happened is that May should have assembled a cross party Brexit committee to decide what was in the best interests of the country. This would have separated those MP's who genuinely had the country's best interests at heart, and those who only wanted to serve themselves or their party, and they could have been measured and judged accordingly in the media. As it is, the government and opposition are still fighting for control of the steering wheel, even as the bus goes over the cliff. That's how pathetic and self serving this revolting class of sh*theads really are. They are a waste of skin, and I wouldn't be surprised if the EU discarded us, as if removing a tick from a cats ear.
IMHO, the EU will gladly allow a short extension, if only to allow most of the continental firms to better prepare the customs paperworks and find alternative partners.

But remember that outside the current crisis, no-one on the continent really wants the UK to leaveBroken Heart. But most continentals are aware that unless there are new elections (and then maybe a second referendum), the current bunch ofNukeDead f**kheads inside Wesminster will simply go on with the actual stupidity. The last thing the current parliament will do is quit and provoke new elections, simply because they know full-well that 95% of them will lose their jobs, replaced by a bunch of new heads voted in by the totally disgusted populace.  TBH, I really think that in the current state of things, under-35 votes should count double than 55+ votes... After all it's the young citizens' future at stakes, not the old f**kheads like Barrage and Bojo the clown.
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Does anyone hold out any faith that the UK can maybe broker a last ditch deal similar to that of the EEA member countries Iceland, Liechstenstein and Norway who have access to the single market albeit without any say in EU policy. They would of course have to agree to the free movement of labour but wouldn't be subject to the legislation covering Common Agricultural Policy or Common Fisheries Policy. Wouldn't this be better than the nightmare 'no deal' scenario?
Ian,
we haven't been on friendly terms for a while (your erasure of my post after Belgium's win over England at last WC proves that), but let me explain a few things as honestly (and hopefully politely) as I can , just to explain how much of the planet sees English (and therefore British) behaviour  

You gotta be kidding if you think these countries would sign up for entry of the UK inside the EEEA:
- First in terms of size and demography, that would be like the EC accepting China & India and become instantly the minority.
- Second, the UK behaviour inside the EC - after forcing themselves in (they were refused a first time in 63) - ever since joining up in 73 should disgust most anyone to sign anything with them... Out of the 45 years the UK has been inside  the EU, they've been a major nuisance for +/- 35 years ... Only the 73-79 years and Blair era have the UK been more or less constructive...  For the rest, they've been disruptive at best and destructive most of the time.
- allowing the UK inside their EEEA-EC deal could actually jeopardize the very existence of the EEEA and the deal they've got, because no doubt the EC would want to renegotiate that deal, precisely because of this inclusion.
- No doubt Norway, Iceland, Switzerland are aware of the Perfidious Albion nature by now: signing agreements & pacts and do everything not to respect them or find ways to go around them. Like it or not, it's much more than just a reputation the slimy limeys (a typical US expression for the English - yup, even them think that) have been building themselves for centuries.
- the way the parliament has cheated the Northern Irish, and especially the Scottish is simply scandalous: They waited the Scott Independence referendum to hold the Brexit afterwards. If that had been fair, they should've done it the other way around, thus presenting Scotland the real choice: the current mess or the EU (no doubt Scotland would almost be in the EU as a separate entity nowadays). Same with the Irish, getting the support of Orangist/loyalists (the ugly guys in the Irish tragedy and a very mean & boisterous minority) is totally disloyal to the majority of Ulsterians that actually want Europe. Soooo, not only are the English screwing the Scots and Ulsterians up the butt (go figure why the Welsh are agreeing with Brexit Confused... maybe they're so used being sodomised that they fear they can't do without it anymoreLOL) , but they're about to shatter the young generations' future just for a question of Lords and Eton-ites keeping their near-medieval privileges (this is never far away from the surface in old England - underlying and barely subterranean) and hanging on to power like a baby to its hochet. 

Ying YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing Yang Ying YangYing YangYing YangYing Yang
However, we are very glad to have the UK as a neighbourSmile and a lot of us have not forgotten what the islands have done for all of us in times of big troubles on the continent Hug. Just because of that, the continent would love to forgive the UKHeart, provided it changes its frigging Nukeattitude (and stop driving on the wrong side of the road LOL). And we can never thank England enough for the golden era of progStarClap

Soooooo hopefully, after spiting your coffee out of rage on your screen when reading this at firstAngryEmbarrassedLOL, maybe some of this will sink in: get rid of all those the old twit-t***s inside Westminster ASAP (bomb the frigging place if you have toLOL) and let the new generation deal with their future and planet.

BTW, just in case you haven't realised: the Polish, Ukrainians, Romanians (all so-feared/hated by the deep country dwellers) are all very nice immigrants, and the last thing they want is to destroy the "Occident", which probably not the case of many of those southern-Asians, just in for the ride, but hating occidental values.  

Edited by Sean Trane - March 18 2019 at 04:17
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 04:43
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 06:57

Ian,
we haven't been on friendly terms for a while (your erasure of my post after Belgium's win over England at last WC proves that), but let me explain a few things as honestly (and hopefully politely) as I can , just to explain how much of the planet sees English (and therefore British) behaviour  

You gotta be kidding if you think these countries would sign up for entry of the UK inside the EEEA:
- First in terms of size and demography, that would be like the EC accepting China & India and become instantly the minority.
- Second, the UK behaviour inside the EC - after forcing themselves in (they were refused a first time in 63) - ever since joining up in 73 should disgust most anyone to sign anything with them... Out of the 45 years the UK has been inside  the EU, they've been a major nuisance for +/- 35 years ... Only the 73-79 years and Blair era have the UK been more or less constructive...  For the rest, they've been disruptive at best and destructive most of the time.
- allowing the UK inside their EEEA-EC deal could actually jeopardize the very existence of the EEEA and the deal they've got, because no doubt the EC would want to renegotiate that deal, precisely because of this inclusion.
- No doubt Norway, Iceland, Switzerland are aware of the Perfidious Albion nature by now: signing agreements & pacts and do everything not to respect them or find ways to go around them. Like it or not, it's much more than just a reputation the slimy limeys (a typical US expression for the English - yup, even them think that) have been building themselves for centuries.
- the way the parliament has cheated the Northern Irish, and especially the Scottish is simply scandalous: They waited the Scott Independence referendum to hold the Brexit afterwards. If that had been fair, they should've done it the other way around, thus presenting Scotland the real choice: the current mess or the EU (no doubt Scotland would almost be in the EU as a separate entity nowadays). Same with the Irish, getting the support of Orangist/loyalists (the ugly guys in the Irish tragedy and a very mean & boisterous minority) is totally disloyal to the majority of Ulsterians that actually want Europe. Soooo, not only are the English screwing the Scots and Ulsterians up the butt (go figure why the Welsh are agreeing with Brexit Confused... maybe they're so used being sodomised that they fear they can't do without it anymoreLOL) , but they're about to shatter the young generations' future just for a question of Lords and Eton-ites keeping their near-medieval privileges (this is never far away from the surface in old England - underlying and barely subterranean) and hanging on to power like a baby to its hochet. 

Ying YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing YangYing Yang Ying YangYing YangYing YangYing Yang
However, we are very glad to have the UK as a neighbourSmile and a lot of us have not forgotten what the islands have done for all of us in times of big troubles on the continent Hug. Just because of that, the continent would love to forgive the UKHeart, provided it changes its frigging Nukeattitude (and stop driving on the wrong side of the road LOL). And we can never thank England enough for the golden era of progStarClap

Soooooo hopefully, after spiting your coffee out of rage on your screen when reading this at firstAngryEmbarrassedLOL, maybe some of this will sink in: get rid of all those the old twit-t***s inside Westminster ASAP (bomb the frigging place if you have toLOL) and let the new generation deal with their future and planet.

BTW, just in case you haven't realised: the Polish, Ukrainians, Romanians (all so-feared/hated by the deep country dwellers) are all very nice immigrants, and the last thing they want is to destroy the "Occident", which probably not the case of many of those southern-Asians, just in for the ride, but hating occidental values.  

[/QUOTE]

No rage from me. (are you saying I erased one of your posts even though I'm not an admin? Confused Pushing a political agenda into a football thread would be even more petty minded than any EU fishing minister's minutiae - we're both above that I hope)
The Scottish parliament has no devolved legislative jurisdiction over international matters i.e. the UK parliament is deemed sovereign, the Scottish parliament is not. Just for some more clarity (and you cannot be blamed for maybe not knowing this) I'm Scottish, a British citizen still, who lives in Australia principally because it's about as far as I could get from the 'Perfidious Albion' (and Eurovision). Had I been allowed to vote in the referendum, I would have voted to remain. I'm not sure describing nationalities as 'slimy' 'hating occidental values' or appreciative of sodomy is particularly helpful but reported racism clearly isn't real racism and this just might be your zany European humour at play. I'm also not sure why you conflate English with British? (unless you are again just reporting on perceptions for which you have appointed yourself planetary spokesman) You also seem to imply, deliberately or otherwise, with your remarks on Poles, Ukrainians and Romanians resident in the UK that I am resentful of their presence there. How can someone who emigrated from the UK to another country in 2000 be anti migration? I have no beef with you Sean, but you clearly have deep seated issues with anything or anyone remotely connected to the UK and I can't help you with that I'm afraid.

Edited by ExittheLemming - March 18 2019 at 07:33
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 10:47
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

No rage from me. (are you saying I erased one of your posts even though I'm not an admin? Confused Pushing a political agenda into a football thread would be even more petty minded than any EU fishing minister's minutiae - we're both above that I hope)
The Scottish parliament has no devolved legislative jurisdiction over international matters i.e. the UK parliament is deemed sovereign, the Scottish parliament is not. Just for some more clarity (and you cannot be blamed for maybe not knowing this) I'm Scottish, a British citizen still, who lives in Australia principally because it's about as far as I could get from the 'Perfidious Albion' (and Eurovision). Had I been allowed to vote in the referendum, I would have voted to remain. I'm not sure describing nationalities as 'slimy' 'hating occidental values' or appreciative of sodomy is particularly helpful but reported racism clearly isn't real racism and this just might be your zany European humour at play. I'm also not sure why you conflate English with British? (unless you are again just reporting on perceptions for which you have appointed yourself planetary spokesman) You also seem to imply, deliberately or otherwise, with your remarks on Poles, Ukrainians and Romanians resident in the UK that I am resentful of their presence there. How can someone who emigrated from the UK to another country in 2000 be anti migration? I have no beef with you Sean, but you clearly have deep seated issues with anything or anyone remotely connected to the UK and I can't help you with that I'm afraid.

- I knew you were British and but not a Scot.Thumbs Up
- Fleeing Eurovision is perfectly acceptable reason to cross the planet.LOL... only to find that Australia can compete since last year CryTongueWink
- My remarks about the polish (etc...) immigrants was that most of the leavers acknowledged that eastern European immigration was "dangerous" for their well-being ... The main Leave argument aimed at the working class was the immigration of non-commonwealth countries, including intra-EU emigration. Hence, this had nothing to do with your unspecified opinion, though, rest assured.
- What I meant with the Scot referendum is that London authorized it as long as it was before the Brexit one. Had this been done the other way (and the Leave winning), I'm sure (and Westminster, too) Scotland would've noted a Leave UK instead of a remain.
- England (read Westminster) being the very dominant partner in the UK (for obvious demographic reasons), it certainly feels to continental observers that the debate was severely and voluntarily skewed by the order of the two referendums they had chosen.  Therefore London would've never organized the two referendums the other way around regardless of the Brexit results (though I'm fairly confident that Scotland would've remained in the UK if the UK had chosen first to remain in the EU, if consulted afterwards) 

- And yes, I often try out zany very-risqué humour (not necessarily European)... and often realize that it might not be as funny as I thought it would be after seeing the reactions. EmbarrassedOuch

BTW, after I'd mentioned the Brexit as a dumb football fan, I had replied to your cartoon (depicting a sinking EU) posting something similar to my second point, and it remained only an hour... I assumed it was either you or that you complained about it to the admins. Never mind, it's water under the bridge.  You're right, though my second post didn't belong to a sport thread.

in all cases, sorry if my post didn't go down as well as I expected it to.

Edited by Sean Trane - March 18 2019 at 10:55
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 11:40
Looks like Bercow's blocking another vote on the deal unless it's substantially different from last time (which it almost certainly won't be)

Now the sh*t's really hitting the fan!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 15:55
wow man.. I mean really..  just when you think it can't even worse.  I'll admit to being blindsided by this.. but I ain't a limey.. nor a MP...  seriously man..  there should be riots in the streets and a few torches and pitchforks.

1604 you say.. and none of the MP's.. . or the damn government took this into account.

hard to come up with adjectives that make jumping off a cliff without a parachute worse...  but way to go Britain.. you've topped that...  making even that seem o.k.. but to get more stupid than that.. no words.. just  speechless..

I thought this.. and the that one reply sums things up perfectly.  It seems no one really is thinking over there. Makes our clown show here look .. downright responsible.  And that is saying something...

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2019 at 01:27
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

wow man.. I mean really..  just when you think it can't even worse.  I'll admit to being blindsided by this.. but I ain't a limey.. nor a MP...  seriously man..  there should be riots in the streets and a few torches and pitchforks.

1604 you say.. and none of the MP's.. . or the damn government took this into account.

hard to come up with adjectives that make jumping off a cliff without a parachute worse...  but way to go Britain.. you've topped that...  making even that seem o.k.. but to get more stupid than that.. no words.. just  speechless..

I thought this.. and the that one reply sums things up perfectly.  It seems no one really is thinking over there. Makes our clown show here look .. downright responsible.  And that is saying something...

Same thoughts here. I have a specific hatred for Modi and dislike Indian politicians per se. In Suketu Mehta's delightful book Maximum City, an underworld Don the writer spoke to described politicians as even worse than gangsters. With all that, I don't think even our Parliament is so incapable of coming together in a time or crisis, whatever be their differences otherwise. What's going on in Britain seems to be everybody would rather stick to their view on Brexit rather than a compromise. The time for hardball is over long since. The most sensible thing for Parliament to do was pass May's deal even if it wasn't the best thing to do in ideal circumstances.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2019 at 06:44
I think that even the least idiotic politician in Westminster (the housesitter or babysitter?) can't help save the drowning ship, despite a good move (brilliant article below, anyways)

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 06:30
Hi,

I don't really like to discuss politics, as the ideas and concepts are so different and far apart that the simplest idea ... of getting together for the common good, is the very first thought to get thrown out of the door and into the proverbial stink pot!

For my tastes, the "separation" will become a nightmare for artists and specially musicians ... all of a sudden a payment translation to another currency will be too high, or too low, and that band, or artist, or writer, ends up losing in the process.

I'm OK with a certain amount of greed. I'm not OK with the usual ideal in England and America that the rich have to get richer, and get another pool in their third house, and that the poor pay for it ... and those that make less, will be the ones that lose the ability to travel around Europe and other nice little benefits that will be thrown down the stink pot.

Almost all of the commentary about this thing in England, is scary to me ... it's all by some really well to do folks, merely trying to "nationalize" their economy, which happens to be something they don't have, unless you consider some music, some Victorian pornography and English tea as some sort of trade-able convenience.

In the end, I think the whole thing is hiding its real intent ... the folks in charge, not wanting to sell anything to many countries because they can not get their high price ... plain and simple ... and this is the same thing that is happening in America that is hurting the economy ... one day it goes for the money and the next day it goes for heaven knows what?

All in all, my contention still is, that this is a malicious idea that is in the hands of the richest people to do what they want ... which is to get/make more money ... and those folks still do not know that they can not get that kind of money in just about every country in Latin America, or Africa, and even in most of Europe ... and England losing Germany as one of their trade friends, will make this whole thing a huge disaster ... and honestly ... I don't want to see a whole government and political process fall apart ... but the rich thing in England needs to wake up or die ... faster!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 09:45
Da Bitch is really totally CensoredincompetentPig: she's asking for a Brexit report until end of June, when she was told mid-May in the lasts months (maybe she thought it was a mid-skirt for Theresa May), but she know full-well there are European elections in late May....
And since she's not organising EU elections in the UK, there will not be any UK sitting in the EU parliament in the new Parliament, even if they should ever  remain as a last resort. Wacko
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 11:30
Total mess by our incompetent government!

I can see why we wanted to get rid of those EU bureaucrats and put control back in the hands of our so much more competent government and parliament.

What we should have had is Donald Trump to sort it all out for us (apparently)
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2019 at 17:32
The cliff appears to have moved (a little)

More time for the UK to debate should we stay or should we go...
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2019 at 01:17

Europe will now be banking on one of,two outcomes:

1. We crash out without a deal
2. May is toast, and we either hold a general election, fresh referendum, or someone new asks for a lengthy extension to negotiate a new deal. The latter is most unlikely if there is no election, as there is no way the Tories will elect a pragmatist as leader in these times

I cannot see May's deal going through, even if Bercow does allow it to be heard. She is a shrivelled husk of a PM, a zombie stalking the corridors of Westminster and Whitehall. As for whoever the people are who advise her, it beggars belief. There was a funny article in The Guardian, in which Marina Hyde (correctly) stated that David Cameron now had a very good chance of being remembered as only the second worst Prime Minister in history. Just about sums it up nicely.

What an unutterable mess.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2019 at 02:29
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Europe will now be banking on one of,two outcomes:

1. We crash out without a deal
2. May is toast, and we either hold a general election, fresh referendum, or someone new asks for a lengthy extension to negotiate a new deal. The latter is most unlikely if there is no election, as there is no way the Tories will elect a pragmatist as leader in these times

I cannot see May's deal going through, even if Bercow does allow it to be heard. She is a shrivelled husk of a PM, a zombie stalking the corridors of Westminster and Whitehall. As for whoever the people are who advise her, it beggars belief. There was a funny article in The Guardian, in which Marina Hyde (correctly) stated that David Cameron now had a very good chance of being remembered as only the second worst Prime Minister in history. Just about sums it up nicely.

What an unutterable mess.

I wonder how Cameron fared in opinions before he launched the Brexit referendum (circa the end of his Gv't with the Libs), though..

It seems somehow a bit unjust that this Etonite would be remembered only for that blunder, just like people remember Tony as B.Liar.... Before that Irak thing, I think Blair was doing ok (at least from a continental PoV)

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2019 at 07:27
The NuLabour machine was a powerful one, with some fairly dark characters in the background, pulling strings and greasing poles. They were a very media friendly entity, and Blair was admired on the world stage. He was a talented politician, I'll give him that, and I gave him my vote in 1997. Their time in office was very carefully choreographed.

He actually was doing ok on the home front, I guess and the UK needed a change of government badly.

Blair and Cameron, though were cut from similar cloth. They were a pair of free market fanatic, small c conservatives, who hid their capitalist vulgarities, and war mongering inclinations behind a veil of liberal arbitrary diversity quotas.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>