32 [33.68%]
13 [13.68%]
3 [3.16%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 23:46
HOTS for me 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 00:07
I was also going to vote 'both' - but playing them last night a couple of times back-to-back, I realised that Stsrship Trooper tends to give me slightly more goosebumps (when heard live in concert) than Heart of the Sunrise - even though the latter is a more mature and intricate work.
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 04:50
Heart of the Sunrise. Easy choice for me but of course Starship Trooper is great song. 

Now, had it been Yours Is No Disgrace Vs HotS, much tougher to pick
Libor10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libor10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 05:30
Starship Trooper mainly due to live version(s)... It's last section on concerts is absolutely marvellous.
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 06:19
Starship Trooper... That damn bruford fills... just legendary
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 07:14
Heart Of The Sunrise is my favorite song of all time...
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 07:15
I went with Starship Trooper, However Heart is defiantly my favorite track on Fragile.
( wow, It's tied at 18 each right now. ) 

Edited by Argo2112 - November 13 2018 at 07:16
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 09:57
Starship Trooper is great and Heart of the Sunrise is not for me.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 11:58
Sharp  Distance
Prog On!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 12:19
Starship Trooper
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 17:09
Originally posted by socrates17 socrates17 wrote:

Neither.  Paul Kantner's Starship suite (side 2 of Blows Against the Empire) puts both to shame, especially when a reconstituted Jefferson Starship played it in the mid '90s.
Paul Kantner's Starship is one of the all time underrated albums, ever.  But, that said (and I'll paraphrase from what someone else has already posted)  "Starship Trooper" is just TOO good.  For me the only Yes that is better is probably CTTE.
CristauxFeur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CristauxFeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 19:08
Love them both but i prefer heart of the sunrise because I love the introduction

Dragged down by the stone
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 21:59
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

voted both equally---because Starship is a great prog song that takes you on a trip and of course Howes landmark guitar solo and Heart is so avant garde and cool and unique---with that jazzy middle section---so hard to choose one---

(^^also Dellinger been listening to a lot of live ABWH recently --I read Howe interview in Prog Mag and he describes ABWH as a "hot little band"---and it was --with so much future potential too bad Anderson and record companies messed it all up.)

I do love some ABWH songs, too bad the ones on Union are suposedly mostly played by session musicians. I wish they would recover, polish, and release the original recordings with the real Yes (or ABWH) people playing their parts (if such a thing exists)... perhaps for a reissue of the album as bonus tracks?
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 01:24
HOTS
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 03:13
Heart of The Sunrise.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
maryes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 03:16
Both are great songs !
GrafHaarschnitt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrafHaarschnitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 07:46
Drumming, Best acoustic break ever.... challenged only by the one in the Remembering.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 08:07
Tied again! I just can't choose!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progosopher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2018 at 11:50
I have always thought HotS was repetitive even if a great tune. ST doesn't have that problem. Hence...
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2018 at 14:43
Sunrise is a broken record
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>