12 [14.46%]
3 [3.61%]
2 [2.41%]
18 [21.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 14:55
Voted Other:  The Lamia just over The Colony of Slippermen Wink
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 14:55
Originally posted by tboyd1802 tboyd1802 wrote:

Voted for fly, but I've always been a fan of Grand Parade...

Yeah, forgot about Grand Parade. That one is good too(very catchy). 

It's funny but my least favorites tend to be the ones everyone else likes especially "back in NYC" and "carpet crawlers." I do like the title track a lot though.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 13 2018 at 14:56
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 15:46
Hard to pick a fave. Lillywhite Lilith is probably what I like the most.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
CristauxFeur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CristauxFeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 19:09
The Lamia
Dragged down by the stone
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 19:17
Originally posted by progmatic progmatic wrote:

"Fly On A Windshield" kicks my posterior every time I hear it! The bass pedals get me stomping around the room like Godzilla on Tokyo. Really love "Back In NYC" too and don't feel that song gets enough love.

Lol--good visual there---for the instrumental part --the band has said someone suggested it should sound like Cleopatra entering Egypt or where ever she made her grand entrance---and Tony Banks has said he thinks its one of Hackett's best guitar parts. 
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 21:10
Strong Genesis album. Fly on the Windshield is obviously butt kicking, but I went with the title track here. I just, all around, probably enjoy it the most. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2018 at 21:52
For me this album is a step down from the previous ones. My choice would have to be "In the Cage", which is the closer they got to the great songs from their previous albums. Many have mentioned "The Lamia", but it is Hackett's solo version from Genesis Revisited that actually made me like it, and the added guitar solo surely helped on that.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 01:19
Originally posted by HackettFan HackettFan wrote:

I could’ve voted for Fly on a Windshield, but I went for the ‘other’ choice. Probably Supernatural Anesthetist or the Lamia would be my ideal favorite, but really the whole third side is my true favorite in the end.

Had I chosen 'Other' it would have been Chamber of 32 Doors, I guess. This is defibitely one of Gabriels best vocal performances IMO.

Went with Fly on a Windshield, which although i think could have been developed more, has the most incredible atmosphere and I'll never forget the impact it had on me the first time I heard it (loud on my headphones, Christmas day 1984) when it 'kicked in' Incredible music.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 03:14
"Fly" is constantly in my head.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Libor10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libor10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 04:46
I voted Other and it's The Lamia. Love that song.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 04:53
Frankly, I like the whole stuff.
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 05:21
I enjoy several of the songs not listed in the poll: The Lamia, Anyway and Chamber of 32 Doors.

Not surprised that 'It' gets no votes... Ermm
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 05:55
Dig the whole album. I could only listen to it from start to finish as it's that immersive (to me, anyway)!
Voted for The Lamia as my favorite bit.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 19:01
Voted The Lamia followed closely by Fly on the Windsheild
dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 19:35
Slipper and Anyway are the best tracks
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 20:17
I actually wound up voting for "fly on the windshield." To my ears it's one of the few really symphonic sounding things on the album. 
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 20:36
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

"Fly" is constantly in my head.

Me too!!! lol

maybe we should go to group therapy Wink
hieronymous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieronymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 21:35
I am just not a fan of the Lamb - the only songs I like are the title track and In the Cage - my favorite In the Cage was from a King Biscuit live broadcast with a great swirling solo from Daryl Stuermer that I taped off of AM radio when I was in high school - but I'll vote for the title track, I love the live version on Seconds Out and the distorted bass on the studio version.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2018 at 21:37
In The Cage 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2018 at 09:43
I voted fly. Hackett best moment on the record. Lamia a close second..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>