Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Siberian Khatru Vs South Side Vs Perpetual Change
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Siberian Khatru Vs South Side Vs Perpetual Change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which Of These would you pick?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
27 [36.99%]
31 [42.47%]
15 [20.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 08:59
^ True story !!
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 11:13
I voted Khatru, but easily could have voted for South Side!!  I love Perpetual Change (it is the first Yes song I ever learned to play on my Rickenbacker bass), but Khatru is transcendent!

This cover of Siberian Khatru is drop-dead amazing if you've never heard it, wait for the Bill Bruford break about halfway through!!  These guys are nuts (including Mike Keneally on guitar).  

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 12:07
All 3 ARE EXCELLENT......but went with Perpetual Change for the last 3 and a half minutes of the song.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
maryes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 14:53
Equal !!!

Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 15:02
Siberian
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 21:16
At this moment, South Side of the Sky would be winning instead of being tied 16-16 if I hadn't accidentally voted for Siberian Khatru instead.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2018 at 21:21
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

easy easy vote for South Side... death never sounded so beautiful

when people really look at the briliance of Fragile.. it really comes down.. not Roundabout... nor the cute FM dities.. much less the solo bits.. it was this gem that gives Fragile (a rather uneven album actually) its masterpiece level 5th star.

Indeed South Side elevates the whole album. However, for me, if only Rick had been able to use his piece that later became Catherine of Aragon as his solo bit on the album... that would have been enough to cut down any complaint about the solo bits (specially if it actually included the rest of the instrumental band, as it actually does on his 6 wives album). For me, Rick's is the solo bit that really matters to bring complaints about them on the album (Howe's is actually very good, as is Squire's, which actually sounds like an extention to Long Distance, and without which that song sounds incomplete to me, Bill's is too short to really do any damage, and Anderson's, well, I have grown fond of it, and sounds nice as an intro to South Side itself).
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2018 at 11:25
South Side
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2018 at 14:37
Khatru > South Side > Chance

Love all three.
I prophesy disaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I prophesy disaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2018 at 15:10
South Side of the Sky is my second favourite Yes track after Close to the Edge, so it easily gets my vote.

No, I know how to behave in the restaurant now, I don't tear at the meat with my hands. If I've become a man of the world somehow, that's not necessarily to say I'm a worldly man.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2018 at 05:32
South Side of the Sky but Khatru is great too. I like Perpetual Change but I don't thinks it's in the same ballpark as the other two songs.

Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2018 at 07:26
Oooooh, nice mix!
South Side, followed closely by Siberian Khatru.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2018 at 08:55
All three, please.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2018 at 15:14
South side of the sky!
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
scruffydragon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scruffydragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 12:44
This is a hard one to vote for. Three very special pieces of music. Just got the urge to listen to them again.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 13:19
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

I voted Khatru, but easily could have voted for South Side!!  I love Perpetual Change (it is the first Yes song I ever learned to play on my Rickenbacker bass), but Khatru is transcendent!

This cover of Siberian Khatru is drop-dead amazing if you've never heard it, wait for the Bill Bruford break about halfway through!!  These guys are nuts (including Mike Keneally on guitar).  

Yes, this is a great cover of Siberian Khatru. There are a lot of great moments on that tribute album. Annie Haslam & Stevie Howe's version of Turn of the Century is beautiful & Shadow Gallery's cover of Release Release was off the charts good. 
CristauxFeur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CristauxFeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 16:45
Siberian Khatru because of the funky ostinato 
Dragged down by the stone
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2018 at 16:58
granted 'prog fan' has much talent with getting funky as they dunking do basketballs and making wearing some jerry curl look cool.... but Virge had some in him.. 

from the singlegreatest and most enjoyable 1 star album of all the otherwise sh*t albums in this site's database

Edited by micky - November 20 2018 at 16:59
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Mornar Popaj View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mornar Popaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2018 at 06:29
South side of the sky
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2018 at 06:53
This one is a no-brainer for me, South Side of the Sky. That is an awesome track.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>