Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Birds, Tongues and Octopus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which album do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
25 [32.05%]
43 [55.13%]
10 [12.82%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 08:13
I love all three, but theres no way either KC or GG is going to touch Birds (or Flame for that matter).
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 09:40
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

What do you think I voted 4? Big smile

Probably either LTIA or BOF. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 09:42
Originally posted by CristauxFeur CristauxFeur wrote:

1-Octopus
2-Birds Of Fire
3-Lark's Tongues in Aspics

Yeah Lark's Tongues in Aspics, Starless and Bible Black and Red are not my cup of tea

So then how come you didn't vote for Octopus then or if you did you didn't do it until earlier today. No votes for Octopus at all yesterday.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 09:57
If CristuaxFer is like me, as I am more interested in reading the comments and writing than looking at results and clicking on options, I quite often register my preference by post rather than bothering to click on an option in the poll.

EDIT: I hadn't checked to see Christopher's point count until now -- one cannot vote in polls until one has 40 points unless that's changed -- so in that case he could not have voted anyway as it is currently too low (39 points). I've now given him a "thanks" (a generally underutilised feature imo) which gives five points, so now he can vote if he wants.

Edited by Logan - November 24 2018 at 19:19
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 11:59
^Well, it's not official unless you actually vote. Imagine if the real elections worked that way? Lol. ;)

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 24 2018 at 12:00
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 13:10
Love all 3, but Larks gets the vote.  I remember the first time I heard the title track to Birds of Fire I thought it was Crimson LOL
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 13:13
^^ Elections I rarely vote in just for fun (I expect the "just for fun" vote significantly helped Donald Trump).

Real elections tend to matter more (I would seriously reform the way elections are held if I had the power). If they were of as little consequence as these polls, then I probably wouldn't bother making the effort to vote at all. If I don't feel strongly about the results, I don't vote in elections, and I rarely care much about the results in these polls.

At least when I make polls most of the time, I only look at the polls as an accessory to discussion and am rarely that interested in the actual poll results. Others approach it differently, and that's fine too. Different strokes for different folks.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 15:52
Octopus by a noticeable distance.
For Nobody's Bush View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote For Nobody's Bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 17:07
God, the father, Jesus Christ, the son, or the Holy Ghost. Which one do you love the most. C'mon?! That said, I guess today I would say Larks.

Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 19:09
Three great albums, but I pick Larks'
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 20:10
Originally posted by For Nobody's Bush For Nobody's Bush wrote:

God, the father, Jesus Christ, the son, or the Holy Ghost. Which one do you love the most. C'mon?! That said, I guess today I would say Larks.

Don't believe in any of them but thats a no-brainer. The son was peace loving, gentle and non-judgemental while his father was a pompous, ill-mannered and blood-thirsty psychopath. 
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2018 at 21:24
Larks Tongues very easily.
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2018 at 07:37
All really good, but went with Octopus
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2018 at 23:26
KC
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
digdug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digdug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2018 at 06:52
love all 3 but

Octopus
Prog On!
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2018 at 11:20
Three good ones. I went with Birds of Fire. 
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2018 at 13:27
Three of the best albums ever recorded.
But LTIA is genius.
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 02:58
Larks
Octopus
Birds
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 07:19
I'm guessing birds has so few votes because most people aren't as familiar with it as the others. Anyone else think that's a strong possibility? I'm sure it might still be in last place but not by this much if more people knew about it.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2018 at 07:28
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I'm guessing birds has so few votes because most people aren't as familiar with it as the others. Anyone else think that's a strong possibility? I'm sure it might still be in last place but not by this much if more people knew about it.

Either that or because it's straight up jazz fusion.  The votes might be reversed if this site was "Fusion Archives."  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>