Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingston Wall Celebration Tour 2019

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingston Wall Celebration Tour 2019
    Posted: November 23 2018 at 21:04
Amazing news !!  i just read some posts on their facebook page

There is going to be a celebration tour to Kingston Wall tour through Finland early spring 2019 with a 50th anniversary tour dedicated to one of their founding members Petri Walli - he would have been 50 this coming spring. 

It looks like most of the venues sold out immediately, seeing as KW are legendary in Finland. There are a couple of venues that may still have tickets should anyone find themselves in Finland this coming March.

This is more than a tribute in itself but more of a partial reunion and musical partnership. 

The lineup includes the Kingston Wall Bass guitarist Jukka Kalevi Jylli and drummer Sami Kuoppamäki. 

They are teaming up with the Von Hertzen Brothers for this tour and billed this tour as....  

KINGSTON WALL by Jylli & Kuoppis & Brothers Von Hertzen

This sounds like it will be a once in a lifetime experience and i will be looking and hoping for a live album of this tour to be released later in 2019.

tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2019 at 20:56
***UPDATE***

So the highly anticipated Kingston Wall series of gigs kicked off Feb 25 in Tavastia Finland

For those interested here is a link to a Finish magazine (Riffi) article. 

(To translate go to google translate and put the link in the search box there)

From the sounds of the article, it was a very special night and kicked off a tour that will last well into the spring and then after some additional summer tours/events. 

They will also be supporting Rickie Blackmore's Rainbow on June 6, 2019, as well as quite a few festivals through summer, fall , and winter of 2019

Personally, i just cant wait to hear or watch anything from these events, and will be watching out for them as they get released. 

tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2019 at 20:59
***UPDATE 2***

The Kingston Wall celebration tour was so popular that they have been booked at various festivals throughout this coming summer. Way to go you guys. 

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 20:54
***LATEST KINGSTON WALL NEWS***

Next stop for Kingston Wall on their festival and tour lineup is June 27, 2019 at Provinssi rock festival in Finland

This huge 3 day rock event is really popular in the region and draws crowds in the region of 80,000+.

Last week June 16, 2019 they played at Kesärauha and from the sounds of it they have certainly melded together extremely well and the collaboration has only gotten better and better.

Checkout these 2 videos from the gig. 

First one highlights the sound of Kingston Wall in its very essence, 

The 2nd track (if you get through the quieter part at the beginning, showcases the expertise of The Von Hertzen Brothers lead guitarist Kie von Hertzen, who has added more and more to his depth of guitar musicianship through these series of events. He is quite the guitarist to now almost flawlessly emulate the late Petri Walli and channels the very energy of Petri through his instrument.

They still have quite a few more summer gigs lined up as Kingston Wall including Ilosaarirock on July 14, the Pori Jazz Festival on July 18, the Keitelejazz Festival on July 25, QStock Festival on July 27, and the Helsinki Festival on August 27, 2019.

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. Robin Williams.
 Post Reply Post Reply