Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New October Equus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New October Equus
    Posted: December 02 2018 at 05:26
Not content with bringing us the studio and live album collaborations with Vespero and another very good CD with Priot Duo this year, Angel Ontalva has posted a new track from October Equus - sounding a little more chamber rock this time out with flute, bassoon and cello supplementing the standard rock quartet.

https://soundcloud.com/angelontalva/october-equus-sin-embargo-mantenia-su-forma-aun-sin-descifrar-1

From Angel's email:

Dear friends,
We are finally starting the definitive mix of a new October Equus album, after my friend and brother in arms Piotr Talalay did a fantastic job recording the drums at the Vespero's studio in Astrakhan (with the inestimable help of Alex Klabukov their keyboard player who was our sound technician for the recording). This is one of the compositions that I wrote for this album, that we started to record in 2012, right after the release of our album Saturnal and before we started to work on our 2013 album Permafrost.
I wrote the skeleton of this composition 20 years ago, inspired by reading Solaris by Stanislaw Lem. I re-arranged the whole piece for this album in 2012, adding some sections and the dense chamber instrumentation.
Besides Piotr on drums, the group that recorded this album are Yolanda Alba Rodriguez on flute, John P. Falcone on bassoon, Pablo Ortega on cello, Amanda Pazos Cosse on bass, Víctor Rodríguez on keyboards and myself playing some guitar too. I did this rough mix too.
Thanks for listening, hope you like it!
Ángel Ontalva

Edited by Mascodagama - December 02 2018 at 05:30
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2018 at 17:39
nice! I'm all over the album once it appears.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2018 at 18:47
Will probably pick this up
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply