1 [1.37%]
8 [10.96%]
1 [1.37%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 23:59
Jon "I'm not prog-related!" Anderson for me. 

Get your finger out of your ear, Jon! 

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 09:01
^ hahahaha.  I did not put him in prog-related here, BTW.

Speaking of Jon.  I am cruising through 1994 and this one just came up.  Jon Anderson Deseo album cover

Still blown away by Olias of Sunhillow.  He has never been able to top that one. Big smile

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 15:39
hahahha... perhaps it is just the Peckinpah fan in me. or just the hard hearted side of me.. but there is a visceral cinematic beauty in watching the innocent forumite gunned down in cold blood.  You are brutal Greg. You would have been a good fit for the old AR hit squad. Though Raff tells me you are a bit of a cuttie.. you might not fit in our mug shots where we looked like the scum of the earth we were once on this forum.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 15:50
It's easy to assassinate someone on the web but what about facing mosh in the flesh? ha ha..that I'd like to see.

Edited by SteveG - December 14 2018 at 15:50
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 15:53
oh I'd risk failing a drug test to party with Pedro in a NY miniute...  count me in on that.  I'd love to have Pedro show me the cleansing of his multitude and various doors of perception. I've been through a bunch of them, but ssspect Pedro has lapped me many times over.  
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 09:15
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

It's easy to assassinate someone on the web but what about facing mosh in the flesh? ha ha..that I'd like to see.

Well, I haven't been in any bar fights since the late 1990s. May I use my SIG Sauer P320?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 07:49
Jon Anderson.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 12:31
Speaking again of Laurie, I have Home Of The Brave, originally on VHS but copied to DVD.  I watched it once while tripping.  Holy cow!  heheh.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 09:02
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

oh I'd risk failing a drug test to party with Pedro in a NY miniute...  count me in on that.  I'd love to have Pedro show me the cleansing of his multitude and various doors of perception. I've been through a bunch of them, but ssspect Pedro has lapped me many times over.  

I learned a long time ago, working with actors, that these doors are not set in stone, and are not designed by anyone, and do not have a history of its own, and neither do they have dragons to scare you.

The rest is all about your ability to concentrate and work your own doors of perception, so you know what and how you have to do something or other. There is no road map, or instructions that really help ... just someone that can help you "bring out" these intuitive moments and then work them on a stage.

If you really want to "learn" something about intuition and the CARE and ATTENTION required for it, check out "THE TIGHTROPE" about Peter Brook's group in Paris, and one of the exercises that he creates for his troupe so they can teach themselves concentration and develop that intuitive force ... something that the majority of actors, singers and musicians, replace with a slick trick or look, and make us think that it is far out and neat, when it is just the camera angle and the color scrim in the background ... the rest is easy ... it's not about me ... it's about you, since you have to be comfortable on the stage in order to do a better job in selling your characterization and singing, or performance. 

This is the main reason, why, for me, many times, someone like Ian, or Jon, since his last wonderful piece of work that showed his true colors instead of fame, are not that valuable or important to me at all ... Peter Hammill and Kate Bush are far better "actors" with their words, and I like to consider them the Gielgud level of work ... but for me, this is hard to describe in a rock music forum where most of the discussions are about their "favorites" and most folks don't even know, or understand, why they like the folks they do. That is called, in other circles, "blind faith", and it is not the magical or artistic way to develop and take your art too far ... maybe a couple of gold nuggets here and there, but it all ends there ... in person, their "gold" is long gone and vanished sometimes.

When you are ready for a detailed discussion, let me know ... and this is what my posts, for the most part, aside from a couple of little errors now and then in stating them, are about ... an attempt at getting at the "truth" of it all ... and some lyrics, simply do not have that truth for me, or anyone ... it's imaginary, and as much as I like fantasy (cartoon like mostly!), in general, to me, that is highly frustrating and meaningless in the end.

As Jim Morrison, would scream ... "WAKE UP ... has this dream ended?"

It never ends for me, and is what I live for!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2019 at 23:58
Jon or Ian Mmmm Jon  
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2019 at 11:34
Ian for sure....and I'm a bit surprised that Jon is winning since there are so many TAAB fans here but then the CTTE fans are also voluminous.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123