Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Acoustic Guitar Solos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Acoustic Guitar Solos
    Posted: December 10 2018 at 18:19
I'm a bit busy now, and don't want to forget this.... First song that comes to my mind is the acoustic solo on Led Zeppelin's "All My Love" but I'll think of more

Edited by MortSahlFan - December 10 2018 at 18:19
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 18:35

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 18:41
Originally posted by MortSahlFan MortSahlFan wrote:

I'm a bit busy now, and don't want to forget this.... First song that comes to my mind is the acoustic solo on Led Zeppelin's "All My Love" but I'll think of more

Really?  It's like nothing.  JPJ's keyboard solo is more interesting.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 18:45

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
ForestFriend View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForestFriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 22:55
Don't know if you'd call it a solo, but I love when Fripp goes crazy on the acoustic during Cirkus. Also some great acoustic playing on Return To Forever's Romantic Warrior by the whole band.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2018 at 23:53
Mr Big song "To Be With You" short and melodic solo by Paul Gilbert is quite an excuisite solo, sounds simple but aint, played with a virtouses simplisity.

Edited by Icarium - December 10 2018 at 23:55
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 01:45
In the great PA tradition of ignoring what the OP asked for, are duets allowed?

Frank Zappa / James “my fingers got stuck” Youman
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 02:06
I never get bored of this:

Bandcamp Profile
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 02:16
For pure beauty it's still hard to beat this:

One of the true masters.
Bandcamp Profile
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 02:29

I feel it is fair to describe Richard Bishop as a guitar wizard, in that:

1. he can play guitar a bit (and is entirely self-taught I believe, just picked up a guitar as a kid and has never put it down again except to sleep);

2. he is, apparently, an actual wizard.

Edited by Mascodagama - December 11 2018 at 02:31
Bandcamp Profile
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 07:40
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by MortSahlFan MortSahlFan wrote:

Really?  It's like nothing.  JPJ's keyboard solo is more interesting.

definitely agree with that

Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 07:59
Big smile

MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 18:01
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 18:08
^ there you go, good one.  
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2018 at 18:58
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2018 at 00:07
The intro to All's A Chords from The Steve Howe Album.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2018 at 07:06
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

An excellent guitarist...I was introduced to him when he was just about 9 years old, he lived next door to my friends and co-workers (also in the music biz) in Santa Rosa, CA. He would play many of the local festivals and such, playing jazz with all of the local adult players, who just enjoyed the heck out of playing with him.  He was so talented and very humble.  He's done really well since, as should be.  A side note, in the fires of 2017, their entire neighborhood was destroyed in just minutes.  Julian and my friends had moved many years before.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2018 at 13:46
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

An excellent guitarist...I was introduced to him when he was just about 9 years old, he lived next door to my friends and co-workers (also in the music biz) in Santa Rosa, CA. He would play many of the local festivals and such, playing jazz with all of the local adult players, who just enjoyed the heck out of playing with him.  He was so talented and very humble.  He's done really well since, as should be.  A side note, in the fires of 2017, their entire neighborhood was destroyed in just minutes.  Julian and my friends had moved many years before.

What a lovely story (apart from the neighbourhood burning down, I mean). I saw him play at a small jazz club in London five or six years ago and it was obvious to me that he was a very special talent. He did seem to be quite a modest, self-effacing person, too.
Bandcamp Profile
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2018 at 14:01

What a lovely story (apart from the neighbourhood burning down, I mean). I saw him play at a small jazz club in London five or six years ago and it was obvious to me that he was a very special talent. He did seem to be quite a modest, self-effacing person, too.

Happy you didn't mind me going off into a personal story there.  It was most astonishing to hear his level of playing with those other very accomplished (and adult) musicians.  Yes, "self-effacing," is the perfect word to describe him.  Even at that young age, he was that way.  Sometimes the most enormously talented people are.  Sometimes they aren't as well, but those aren't as great of stories to pass along.  Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2018 at 14:14
James Black, from the great band May Blitz - a song called Smoking The Day Away, the opening track off their debut.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>