Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mr Big admiration thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr Big admiration thread
    Posted: December 11 2018 at 13:47
I just want to put it out here for now, im not a big Mr Big expert and a a slowgrwoing fan. I find elements with this band that i really like to put words behind.

I can't think of many band that are holding back so much. Yet that is the aspect that makes me more awestruck about them. They hold back with dignity and a thoughtfull reason. Theh focus on playing good, honest hard rock songs, with a campfire goodfeel. Albums have tons of variation and they change direction on album to album.

The virtous level in the band is nothing short of staggering, with A level musicians, spesially on bass and guitar one get two of the finest musicians on respective instruments. Paul Gilbert is often compared to in the samw shelf as Buckethead and Shawn Lane. Billy Sheehan is the only bass player with the power of the Ox.

I realy admire bands that manage the ability of holding back but without sounding restless or bored, but enjoys the moment of playinh THE SONG. But they from time to time live pour out ther carvassive potential for the ignorant fist time listner to be blown away in surprise.

Edited by Icarium - December 11 2018 at 14:17
 Post Reply Post Reply