8 [26.67%]
16 [53.33%]
6 [20.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 05:32
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

That's been my in car listening since the day after Thanksgiving. Heart
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 05:33
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

But how anyone not love the hell out of this tune? Oh yeah!

Also, Chuck Jones. Chuck f**king Jones!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 07:02
Hi,

Both nice and fun, but Charlie Brown for the very cool music!

Chuck Amuck?

HECCCCCKKKKK YEAH1
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 11:37
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

^ yeah, Vince Guaraldi is really the only reason that the Charlie Brown Christmas special is even relevant and i have to concur that it's absolutely beautiful music. 

But how anyone not love the hell out of this tune? Oh yeah!

And the best vocal performance goes to "You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch". Clap
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 13:19
CB, all the way.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2018 at 19:16
Love both -- might as well throw in Rudolph as well (because Bumbles bounce!). But oh, man....Boris Karloff's voice and animator Chuck Jones (who did nearly every great Warner Brothers cartoon throughout the 50s and early 60s). Nothing was ever so malevolent as the Grinch's ever twisting grin....

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2018 at 19:13
Hi,

I have both books by Chuck, and he does not say much about it, that I can recall ... time to read it again! He did direct it and produce it, but I do not remember a whole lot about it ... and most of it had to do with the fact that at the time when this came out I did not speak English ... and for the most part a lot of Chuck's cartoons did not require language to pick up easily enough.

I don't remember seeing Grinch until much later, by which time it did not get me excited.

I'll re-check the books ... btw ... get CHUCK AMUCK in the HARD COVER edition for the beautiful screens for Duck Dodgers in the book!

Based onHow the Grinch Stole Christmas!
by Dr. Seuss
Screenplay byDr. Seuss
Directed byChuck Jones
StarringBoris Karloff
Uncredited:
June Foray
Thurl Ravenscroft
Narrated byBoris Karloff
Theme music composerAlbert Hague
Eugene Poddany

Edited by moshkito - December 17 2018 at 20:42
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 15:28
Good Grief!  Even though I love both and watch both every year, Charlie Brown easy for me.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2018 at 16:50
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I have both books by Chuck, and he does not say anything about the cartoon side of things. He did direct it and produce it, but the design itself already existed, and all needed to be done was animate it some more, though by this time, I do not think that Chuck himself drew as much as he used to.

The odd thing is that the listing of cartoonists is not clear (I'm looking for it), although I do think that Chuck would have said ... that is not the smile the Grinch would give us, and bring it out a bit more than the book!

I'll re-check the books ... btw ... get CHUCK AMUCK in the HARD COVER edition for the beautiful screens for Duck Dodgers in the book!

As usual you have no clue what you are talking about. It's getting tedious. If you can't recognize Chuck Jones' animation style, and how The Grinch's character drawings are an exact match for Jones' work at Warner Brothers in that period, then you shouldn't comment at all. 

Here. Directly from Chuck Jones himself. It was not planned and the design did not exist before Jones got involved. He drew all the story boards. He states he did "most of the drawings...about 1700" for pre-vis. He got Boris Karloff to do the narration. He even pitched it to investors. Chuck Jones' involvement is all through that cartoon.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 20:46
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

As usual you have no clue what you are talking about. It's getting tedious. If you can't recognize Chuck Jones' animation style, and how The Grinch's character drawings are an exact match for Jones' work at Warner Brothers in that period, then you shouldn't comment at all. 

Goodness ... you're becoming a religion, now!

You could have said something like ... hey Pedro, can you re-check your information? It's quite incorrect ... but no ... you make it look like I was the Grinch myself ... which I could not be since I do not have that temperament, and Christmas is not on my hot list of fun days ... just like a visit to the dentist or the doctor!

Now a visit to a cartoon ... now you talking! But no religion please! I'm happy with their version of Figaro!
www.pedrosena.com
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 23:27

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Goodness ... you're becoming a religion, now!

You could have said something like ... hey Pedro, can you re-check your information? It's quite incorrect ... but no ... you make it look like I was the Grinch myself ... which I could not be since I do not have that temperament, and Christmas is not on my hot list of fun days ... just like a visit to the dentist or the doctor!

Now a visit to a cartoon ... now you talking! But no religion please! I'm happy with their version of Figaro!

Blow it out your pompous posterior, Pedro. You spend most of your time here trying to insult the intelligence of other posters on this site; therefore, I feel no compunction to offer you anything but derision. To paraphrase the Bard of Avon, you've been hoisted on your own petard.
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 05:52
Ahh, feel the Christmas love Hug
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 06:22
Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

Yes indeed! Piss on earth and ill will toward men! Star
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 07:12

Yeah, and for all the commotion, we can't even have a Fellini show us that innocence is often the accidental instigator of the whole thing. And they go on to destroy the series of posts ... which I corrected mine (and DE didn't because some folks don't understand humility!) ... to replace it with the worst that "Progressive" and "Prog" has to offer. It's not like Melody Maker and New Music Express, or Rolling Stone, were far worse than I am, and I did not kiss as$ of most stars to get the public's attention and sentiment like some folks do here!

But some churches simply won't let go ... and I find that piss the worst of all, and no different than many of the things happening all around the world. I may make a mistake but I don't go around insulting the enemy. I have a reasonable respect for my enemy ... it's one of my greatest learning tools.

Try telling that to someone who thinks they are right and Pedro is wrong! Ohhh, I forget ... they get an audience applauding and Pedro doesn't! So, per top ten rules, that means they are right!
www.pedrosena.com
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 08:14
I love both but I'm more of a Rudolph guy. Cherisse and Yukon Cornelius get me every year. I'll tune into Peanuts if I stumble upon it but I go out of the way to watch Rudolph every year. 
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 15:24
the mean one, k
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 17:39

Yeah, and for all the commotion, we can't even have a Fellini show us that innocence is often the accidental instigator of the whole thing. And they go on to destroy the series of posts ... which I corrected mine (and DE didn't because some folks don't understand humility!) ... to replace it with the worst that "Progressive" and "Prog" has to offer. It's not like Melody Maker and New Music Express, or Rolling Stone, were far worse than I am, and I did not kiss as$ of most stars to get the public's attention and sentiment like some folks do here!

But some churches simply won't let go ... and I find that piss the worst of all, and no different than many of the things happening all around the world. I may make a mistake but I don't go around insulting the enemy. I have a reasonable respect for my enemy ... it's one of my greatest learning tools.

Try telling that to someone who thinks they are right and Pedro is wrong! Ohhh, I forget ... they get an audience applauding and Pedro doesn't! So, per top ten rules, that means they are right!

You were wrong. Without a doubt. Not a matter of opinion. The animator and director of the piece said so. Get over yourself. And please, find someone to edit your posts for clarity. Your stream-of-consciousness nonsense has virtually nothing to do with this thread. Or reality, for that matter.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2018 at 18:02
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

I love both but I'm more of a Rudolph guy. Cherisse and Yukon Cornelius get me every year. I'll tune into Peanuts if I stumble upon it but I go out of the way to watch Rudolph every year. 

Same, I just commented in the Rudolph thread about how great the production is, especially for 1964.   Can you imagine the work they put into that thing?

I do wish they'd show Year Without a Santa Claus on network TV as I don't have cable.   Guess I'll have to just buy it.

Edited by Atavachron - December 18 2018 at 18:03
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 04:12
^ no cable? You're a mean one Mr. Grinch. Wink
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2018 at 12:42
^ I chucked it five years ago and never looked back.  It's like 1979 all over again.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>