Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Bang (French Magazine)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Bang (French Magazine)
    Posted: December 14 2018 at 04:22

http://www.bigbangmag.com/
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2018 at 20:32
Hi,

BAAHHHHHHHH HUMMMMMBUGGGG!

My Francais is very rusty ... you know how it is, the number of French films these days ... is like ... none, since Netflix and Hulu think that foreign film is about anime!

And then a magazine, limits its market by publishing in French ... nothing kills more "progressive" music, than limiting the audience. I simply do not think that some folks know/understand what "progressive" really means, specially if they don't give a damn about English speaking countries that dominate the market ... the whole thing is so French ... that I can smell Richelieu's poop!

I need a new pill! 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2018 at 15:13
Two yrs of french in high school and still can't read it......suxs!! Krappy teachers....lol. Actually being hispanic I can fumble thru some but I get headache after a paragraph or two.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 06:58
Hi,

There is something really strange here that doesn't make sense.

I can go back to EUROCK and read the many articles by more than one FRENCH artist and they explain their music and it was in English, so a new bunch of folks would pick up an interest in it.

I remember, vividly, many of the articles by Richard Pinhas, in describing his music ... and while I do not expect a Picasso, or Miro, or Dali, or Beethoven, or Mozart, to explain their art, in today's modern world of different languages that separate people and create wars, finding a common ground to help each other is important for the sake of the art form.

I mean, I love things like Malicorne and Alan Stivell (have over 25 of his CD's! -- still a favorite play!) and Ange ... and it was not the fact that my French was poor, but that the music was so great, and I will give that magazine their credit ... but in this situation, trying to help a couple of other bands sell a few more CCD's, the sad fact is ... the English market, the Japanese market, two of the biggest buyers of all kinds of music, are completely left behind, and I hate to see that kind of thing happen ... 

THERE IS TOO MUCH MUSIC OUT THERE THAT IS NOT HEARD ... if you are making an effort to have other folks hear it, do you really want to limit it to the folks around your block and street? I would think this is what the magazine has to answer.

I have written them and requested a copy or two, even older units, and they have not replied, and I doubt they will ... likely meaning that more than likely this is just a home grown thing, and they do not have any more copies to sell or show. 

BTW, it was the same thing 30 years ago, with many of the "Progressive" magazines that were around, and most of them limited their content to the point of really just being a home grown thing that just talked about their 5 favorite bands. I can easily tell you that at the very least EUROCK had more listings and articles about more bands, going back many years - early 70's - that made a lot of these publications rather poor. 

I simply do not want PA to just become another one of these ... too many died under the carpet as just dust and dirt. And I hope that it does not happen to databases that no one can improve and make something more valuable out of its information, so it makes sense, and all of its content, becomes more valuable than what Wiki does ... which at the very least, has a sense of organization.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhideauxFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2019 at 06:48
During the last two months,, after reading this magazine, I bought 11 new albums:
Phideaux, Haken, Riverside, Gosta Berlings Saga, The Fierce And The Dead, Ghost, Mystery, Nosound, Oak, Overhead and Pymlico. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply