Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

king crimson ( lizard )

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: king crimson ( lizard )
    Posted: December 16 2018 at 10:41
Upon buying and listening lizard 40th anniversary hdcd after owning the cassette which i brought in florida in 19994 .What can i say i hated this album ,before i listened to remastered even the terrible happy families sounds great,prince rupert awakes, is the epic, where jon anderson saves the day, wish he would have stayed on kc ,will never know what would have happened on the ballad, lady of the dancing waters ,could have really used jon vocals but overall a great improvement over the cassette (i know cassette is limited ,but i also owned anderson,wakeman howe and buford on cassette i wore it out after, so many listenings)I am a big yes fan so i that makes me biased, but would love any feedback on this album ,thank you for taking the time to read

Edited by grantman - December 16 2018 at 10:44
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 12:27
Oh I already loved Lizard but the 40th anniversary version most certainly lifted the whole listening experience or my listening pleasure to another level (and I'm not usually all that interested remasters). However as magnificent as Jon's contribution is - in that short guest appearance I'm glad dhe didn't stay and I wouldn't want Lady of the Dancing Water to feature him either.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2018 at 13:16
Interesting, I was just listening to this record, recently, and re-evaluating it; unfortunately, it has not really stood the test of time too well for me; when I first heard it, and bought it on lp in the late 1980s, I loved it. Upon recently hearing it, tho, I didn't like it, and have also heard the first two Crimson albums recently, and they do SO much more for me. Lizard is not in their class, really, in my estimation. This may sound like a quick,rash judgement, but I feel it has been brewing within me for some time, really. The first two records speak to me more.
 Post Reply Post Reply