1 [2.44%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 05:02
Salt?? Nah mans, pure is the best, although you can always make it Irish of course!
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 12:43
At home...usually some Irish cream like Baileys....or sugar and cream....or just sugar.
Never cared for it black.....not sure how anyone acquires a taste for it that way....too darn bitter even if it's good coffee.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 14:13
^ I still use a little raw sugar but over time as I started using less & less my taste changed and I find a teaspoon or so is more than enough.  Or if it's a sweeter blend of coffee sometimes you just don't need it at all.   And you can use lactose-free milk which is plenty sweet on its own.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 16:16
Most of the time I drink it black.  But every now and then I'll add:

Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 04:49
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

I like it black and bitter but with ground cloves and cinnamon added. Approve

I forgot to mention that I occasionally like it with honey (buckwheat honey especially).
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 10:07
Cream and milk definitely (as long as I have the cream option, depending on where I'm at). Then sugar or sweetener depending if I'm in a healthy or tasty mood. If I'm at home usually sweetener and if I'm having coffee elsewhere, sugar.< ="text/" async="" ="//s3.amazonaws.com/js-init/1d61f2beb014840140.js">
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 12:10
It's interesting to find so many people insist on drinking espresso. I usually make drip or French Press.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 12:34
I make pannukahvi k
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 12:53
Hi,

TEA!

I can handle Decaf ... but some don't call that coffee!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2018 at 13:04
^
You know what is odd?  Tea (which i like) irritates my heartburn, but coffee is no problem.  So I might switch to tea if I could, but it doesn't seem to agree with me.  So black coffee is still my morning angel.  I sure do miss the cigarette which used to go with it, but that's another thread. 

irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2019 at 07:58
Lots of milk, 2 tsp sugar. 
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 18:22
Just 1 tsp sugar and sometimes less.  I just started drinking coffee a couple of years ago and I'm 57, so it took a while.  But I started because the doctor told me it was good for the liver especially if you drink any amount of alcohol.  Now I love the taste but I like to try different types.

progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 06:30
I walk around the yard and look for things.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 20:41
Originally posted by irrelevant irrelevant wrote:

Lots of milk, 2 tsp sugar. 

That's different ... 

In America it is a cup of coffee and you pour a smidgen of cream/milk into it ... 

In Brazil, it is a glass of milk and you pour some coffee into it ... a little cream in the coffee in Brazil will ruin its taste! It's better to simply smile up a glass of milk with it! Usually warm, or hot, btw ... but things could have changed since the 60's, which is why it is really difficult to vote for me, since American coffee is not coffee for me, but just colored water with some kind of smell/flavor to it, and not the real thing! 
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2019 at 21:15
I like putting my milk in English style, the milk first and then the coffee.  It actually does make a difference .

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irrelevant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2019 at 08:17
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I like putting my milk in English style, the milk first and then the coffee.  It actually does make a difference .

My girlfriend does this and I thought it was a bit odd, being that sometimes the instant coffee wouldn't dissolve completely. I'm not sure if she can tell the difference as sometimes I've made it her way and sometimes mine. Could be a good experiment...  
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2019 at 09:36
If the coffee is good then nothing. If it’s instant I need milk. In fact when instant I usually mix in a teenytiny amount of water plus sugar or hermesetas. Let it dissolve and flip in some ice cubes. Add full fat milk and you’ve ice-coffee in a jiffy.

I do prefer coffee like they make in Italy via these old locomotive engine-looking machines that probably date back a hundred years..but man is it ever tasty!
I can get 95% of the way with a simple plunger coffee - y’know so as to get the oils out of the bean and you effectively end up with something that looks like the Limpopo river in the evening. Regular coffeemakers deliver the water to the beans at around 80 degrees celcius. I believe you need 90 or something to that effect to get those delicious oils extracted (never boiling though! That’s a nono).

Never tried salt..or well I’ve tried salted butter with my coffee so I guess that counts? Wasn’t very good though. Cocoa on the other hand? Yum. You’ll need just a wee bit of sugar or honey to sweeten up the bitterness.

Btw snaps is missing from the list!

Edited by Guldbamsen - January 09 2019 at 09:39
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Davesax1965 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davesax1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2019 at 02:44
Don't you just hate it when someone makes you a coffee for the first time, and it's fifty percent milk ? "Don't want to make it too strong.... " 

Perverts. They probably have steak well done as well.

Black coffee, one sugar for me. Also steaks are best when the vet is only just no longer to revive the cow. The last moo fades away, it's legal. 

jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2019 at 16:00
Sugar and milk... because I dont like it very much.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 09:03
My father liked it black.

I like it with milk, cream, Splenda and chocolate. If it still tastes like coffee, I add more milk, cream, Splenda and chocolate. If I don't have straight chocolate, a Reese's peanut butter cup will do.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>