Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Searching for a Italian prog rock song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching for a Italian prog rock song
    Posted: December 27 2018 at 18:54
Hello!

Searching for an Italian prog rock song. I actually have the first 32 seconds of it - it's a part of some YouTube compilation, but the guy who has created it hasn't mentioned the names of the songs from it.

Talking about the first song (00:00 - 00:32): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguDrCy1yss

I don't have a smartphone (hence can't check it with Shazam) and AHA (a Chrome extension for audio recognition) couldn't find it. 

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 07:31
It sounds quite familiar to me, but I cannot recognize it instantly. I'll have to review my RPI collection, which is quite extensive, and then I'll get back to you, if nobody else finds it first.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 12:49
Originally posted by Nicky Nicky wrote:

Hello!

Searching for an Italian prog rock song. I actually have the first 32 seconds of it - it's a part of some YouTube compilation, but the guy who has created it hasn't mentioned the names of the songs from it.

Talking about the first song (00:00 - 00:32): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguDrCy1yss

I don't have a smartphone (hence can't check it with Shazam) and AHA (a Chrome extension for audio recognition) couldn't find it. 

Your help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

It looks like the compilation associated with this book (which is under the player). The bands are listed, I'm just not sure if they correspond to the excerpts in the same order. Going by that particular excerpt, my guess is it's RDM.

"BEATI VOI! N.5 -- INTERVISTE E RIFLESSIONI CON I COMPLESSI DEGLI ANNI 60 E 70"

LA SCENA HARD ROCK ITALIANA - 1969/1979" [1° PUNTATA] - TRA DISCHI UFFICIALI ED ACETATI INEDITI! (ANALOGY, CREMA, SENSAZIONI, QUELLI, MOBY DICK, SBRANCO E LE PURGHE ELETTRICHE, ROVESCIO DELLA MEDAGLIA, PULSAR, LASER, GIANNI FOUR, TEOREMI... E TANTI ALTRI)

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 15:18
Have a look at what other vids this guy posted.

He is very much into very rare (like one single (7'') vinyl) bands from Italy.

Those 30 seconds sound great, but not very familiar (and I own several hundred Italian Prog
albums from the 70s).

RDM where mentioned , but the didn't use Keyboards before they moved from a guitar heavy band
into Prog (where they had a much softer sound).

I'm rather sure the band is mentioned either in the video or in the comments. There are just so many mentioned.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 17:38
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Have a look at what other vids this guy posted.

He is very much into very rare (like one single (7'') vinyl) bands from Italy.

Those 30 seconds sound great, but not very familiar (and I own several hundred Italian Prog
albums from the 70s).

RDM where mentioned , but the didn't use Keyboards before they moved from a guitar heavy band
into Prog (where they had a much softer sound).

I'm rather sure the band is mentioned either in the video or in the comments. There are just so many mentioned.

You're right. It's definitely not RDM.
Nicky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2019 at 01:26
Thanks for all the suggestions - really appreciate them! Will continue my searching. Meanwhile, if someone identifies the song - please let me know! 

Thank you :)
alexcalo View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 11:44
Might be just superfluous to ask, but have you tried getting in touch with the guys at Italian Prog website?
http://www.italianprog.com/

They could indicate you the right direction Wink

Edited by alexcalo - January 17 2019 at 11:44
Nicky View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2022 at 16:43
I found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL38Z05kgVI
 Post Reply Post Reply