Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dennis Wilson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote detonationbox0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dennis Wilson
    Posted: December 27 2018 at 22:09
I don't see any posts about it, but man do I dig the hell out of this album. Found it as a recommendation and been digging it since. Dennis Wilson of Beach Boys fame, this album has a whole story and history behind it.

Atmosphere for days.

A search for it on these forums yields nothing. Throwing it out there to see if anyone else gets down on it. Just cool to listen to, gives me a vibe similar to what I get from Joe Walsh. Not necessarily prog, but creative and atmospheric as hell.

Edited by detonationbox0 - December 27 2018 at 22:15
progmatic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progmatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2018 at 22:19
I agree with you about Joe Walsh -- So What, Barnstorm and The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get are fantastic albums. Too bad they've never been transferred properly to CD; the best-of collections leave off (as usual) most of the best songs and the CD remasters were done in the early days of the compact disc and sound like it too.
PROGMATIC
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2018 at 22:49
Pacific Ocean Blue is my gem really.

Anyway, this thread moved to "General Music Discussions".
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2018 at 13:54
Never heard it before..........(but I am also a big fan of Walsh...love his earlier solo work.)
I'll give a listen to Wilson.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
 Post Reply Post Reply