Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re-issues in 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 15:48
Originally posted by SouthSideoftheSky SouthSideoftheSky wrote:

Another one I'm hoping for is a new remaster of Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record. I was glad when No Earthly Connection was re-issued on CD recently, as it was not widely available on CD before.

Real Gone Music released the latest remaster in 2014 (jewel case). I also have the 2006 Mini-LP remaster issued by Hip-O-Select in USA. 
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 16:17

Renaissance's A Song For All Seasons will also be re-issued in March as a 3CD set: https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/renaissance-a-song-for-all-seasons-3cd-remastered-expanded-clamshell-box-edition/

Quote This expanded edition has been newly re-mastered from the original master tapes and features 16 bonus tracks, including the previously unreleased promotional edit and a “Top of the Pops” recording of “Northern Lights”, along with a BBC Radio session from August 1978 and a further two CDs comprising the entire concert recorded at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia on 4th December 1978, appearing in full on CD for the first time, with an additional 55 minute’s worth of unreleased tracks.

Clap
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 03:48
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Another one I'm hoping for is a new remaster of Rick Wakeman's Criminal Record. I was glad when No Earthly Connection was re-issued on CD recently, as it was not widely available on CD before.

Real Gone Music released the latest remaster in 2014 (jewel case). I also have the 2006 Mini-LP remaster issued by Hip-O-Select in USA. 

How is the sound on these?

MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MillsLayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 16:48
SOOOO excited for these!  Now, we just need Out of Myself, SONGS and the two EPs reissued.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 18:17

Both sound great. If you prefer a jewel case, RGM's is likely cheaper.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2019 at 00:11
This one, at last!

https://www.btf.it/catalog/product/view/id/26393/s/portable-madness-ltd-ed-splatter-coloured-vinyl/
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2019 at 02:17

some eye-watering prices on Amazon UK. Think I will have to pass. I still only own this on MP3 which is a bit ridiculous but I don't fancy paying £30 for a used copy.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2019 at 07:24
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

some eye-watering prices on Amazon UK. Think I will have to pass. I still only own this on MP3 which is a bit ridiculous but I don't fancy paying £30 for a used copy.

Yeah, me too I will wait untill it gets re-issued on a wider scale (like his other early albums have been).

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2019 at 13:10
Which edition is that high? Hip-O's?
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 00:07
RGM
£71.81 NEW
£30 USED

SHM (Japanese release 2009)
£388.86 NEW
£55.37 USED

Couldn't see any other re-issues available here
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 00:20

RGM
£71.81 NEW
£30 USED

£388.86 NEW
£55.37 USED

LOL

That proves my point, that this is an album that needs to become more widely available.

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 20:17

RGM
£71.81 NEW
£30 USED

£388.86 NEW
£55.37 USED

WOW. I had no idea prices had skyrocketed. The editions I possess start at $120 (2006) and $45 (2014, not a Japanese issue), respectively!
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 21:31
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

Reissue of Third Ear Band's Macbeth, remastered and with some extra tracks - also on Esoteric.

What a woefully underrated and underappreciated album. I just noticed that it's available at our local music store however i'll wait until the price goes down a bit Big smile

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote presdoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2019 at 06:20
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

I'm not happy with these news at all ... there are a lot of things out there that deserve a touch or two, and they are being ignored.

Some of the early Harvest label stuff deserves a touch up, specially Kevin Ayers and Roy Harper. And then hearing that the Macbeth Soundtrack is getting a touch, but nothing about the other Third Ear Band stuff, is weird, and out of line. The Sdtk fits the Roman Polanski directed film very well, but it is not as valuable and strong as the other albums and how they feel. The Quatermass album also could use a touch up ... because that album is magnificent ... but no one wants to take the star out of Dio for one song, and then, those same fans will say that the organ/keyboard work is over done all over the album ... it isn't ... it's magnificent, and its only equal (or similar) power organ/keyboard work that you can really find and enjoy non stop is ELP. The same thing goes for the Edgar Broughton Band, that we continually ignore, and how so much of their music and words has stood up to the time ... and its value in lyrics ... it's almost like nothing has changed since!

Those are just some of them ... and it's not that as Pink Floyd's friends' label, they could not afford to touch almost all of their catalog, but I think that two folks think that their home studios are more important ... and make a conventional song, instead of helping the material that was really valuable and strong and served the time and place so well.
Ditto on the Quatermass, mosh; I was literally appalled when I heard the Esoteric re-issue of the Quatermass album, and was expecting the moon, as band member Peter Robinson was in charge of it, but it sounded so strange, and nothing like the original Harvest release from the UK on lp. (Wish I still had that lp!)
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2019 at 14:01
Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 04:48

The two first albums by Duncan Mackay, Chimera and Score, have been re-issued on CD according to the artist's official Facebook page (along with a brand new album entitled Kitsugi).

Yet, I have found no info on where to buy these CDs. Does anyone know?'

Edited by SouthSideoftheSky - March 29 2019 at 04:50
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2019 at 11:54

The two first albums by Duncan Mackay, Chimera and Score, have been re-issued on CD according to the artist's official Facebook page (along with a brand new album entitled Kitsugi).

Japanese reissues on the Belle Antique label. They cost a small fortune.

South African label Fresh Music also reissued those, in 2009 and 2016, respectively. I'm sure you can find some decently priced used copies.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2019 at 02:14

Japanese reissues on the Belle Antique label. They cost a small fortune.

South African label Fresh Music also reissued those, in 2009 and 2016, respectively. I'm sure you can find some decently priced used copies.

Thanks! That's disapointing, I was hoping for a worldwide release.

dr prog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr prog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2019 at 15:18
Tull Stormwatch. A double album worth of first class studio tracks. Can't wait to hear what extra bonus tracks there will be. I can name 6 extras for now but we'll get some new ones as well
All I like is prog related bands beginning late 60's/early 70's. Their music from 1968 - 83 has the composition and sound which will never be beaten. Perfect blend of jazz, classical, folk and rock.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthSideoftheSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2019 at 02:21
Originally posted by dr prog dr prog wrote:

Tull Stormwatch. A double album worth of first class studio tracks. Can't wait to hear what extra bonus tracks there will be. I can name 6 extras for now but we'll get some new ones as well

Do you have a source for this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>