Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Indeed - Saga on Wkkipedia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange Indeed - Saga on Wkkipedia
    Posted: January 03 2019 at 08:22
I find it quite strange that, a band, quite famous and popular, though they have a Wiki prophile, non of the original members of Saga has biographies on the site. I find thst to bw quite strange and disheartning , that the quite so skilled and inspiring musicians from the excelent Canadian band with so litle represtasion on Wiki.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 08:54
You can always add them yourself, that's the point of  wiki.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 09:16
True enough but i hardly have all the info to create a decent bio abourmt solo releases, side projects, or instrumental influences, early life nor personal info.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 09:31
I wouldn't bother, they'd probably get deleted as not notable enough.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 10:28
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

I wouldn't bother, they'd probably get deleted as not notable enough.

That has been my experience as well with Wikipedia & musicians, they are pretty rigid with their rules.  

I don't blame them, they don't want to be an advert for bands & musicians!  To make a contribution, it is necessary to include a LOT of third party documentation including links to news articles, magazine interviews etc.  

It's a lot of work, I've done it as a favor for some bands but it can be a very frustrating process, particularly when dealing with copyright issues of photos etc.  

This is one of my projects: 

I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 11:19
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

I find it quite strange that, a band, quite famous and popular, though they have a Wiki prophile, non of the original members of Saga has biographies on the site. I find thst to bw quite strange and disheartning , that the quite so skilled and inspiring musicians from the excelent Canadian band with so litle represtasion on Wiki.

Why do you need wiki to verify what you already feel?
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 12:07
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

i just find it strange that a quality guitarist like Ian Crichton, about influences, and early carear, a characteristic vocalist like Michael Sadler have sung for various artists and have a chsrectaristic operatic voice and Jim Gilmours as keyboard virtous deserve bios

I feel tgey as a vband are big enough for musichian bios ought to be made.
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2019 at 17:38

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

i just find it strange that a quality guitarist like Ian Crichton, about influences, and early carear, a characteristic vocalist like Michael Sadler have sung for various artists and have a chsrectaristic operatic voice and Jim Gilmours as keyboard virtous deserve bios

I feel tgey as a vband are big enough for musichian bios ought to be made.

If someone makes a compelling argument, the Overlords of Wikipedia will allow it.  It does take quite a bit of work and time.  Problem is finding that person to devote that sort of effort.  

I've crossed swords with the Overlords a few times and have a bad taste in my mouth because of that.  They define "control freaks."  
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2019 at 15:32
I'm a pretty decent Saga fan, really like their material and have seen them live once back in '83. I agree their talent is excellent, I have never tried to do anything in wiki.

I like Saga
 Post Reply Post Reply