Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy 50th King Crimson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2019 at 12:42
In theory, anyway....I'm about 60-90 minutes south of Portland...but will certainly consider the idea.  Last time they were anywhere near during their 2017 tour, husband was too ill for us to do anything by then.  Cry

But I will consider an overnight in the event they skip Portland, as they certainly might with the proximity of Seattle.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2019 at 12:54
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

In theory, anyway....I'm about 60-90 minutes south of Portland...but will certainly consider the idea.  Last time they were anywhere near during their 2017 tour, husband was too ill for us to do anything by then.  Cry

But I will consider an overnight in the event they skip Portland, as they certainly might with the proximity of Seattle.

KC has a lot of connection to Seattle music scene and different music people here. It's a city they love and last tour they did 3 nights here, one of those was the Friends & Family private event.
Honestly I would skip the Seattle show and go to Vancouver BC show and see them there, another very cool city to spend a couple days in, only another 2 hours north.
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2019 at 13:27
Sounds even more fun, haven't been there before and have always wanted to go.  Maybe I'll turn the whole thing into a vacation, I could sure use one!  Thanks for the suggestion, we'll see where they end up playing
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2019 at 23:00
Originally posted by Snicolette Snicolette wrote:

Sounds even more fun, haven't been there before and have always wanted to go.  Maybe I'll turn the whole thing into a vacation, I could sure use one!  Thanks for the suggestion, we'll see where they end up playing

Nickie, I really would strongly recommend you see this exceptional show.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 06:24
I will do my best! Smile
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 15:02
Originally posted by rminsk rminsk wrote:

To celebrate their 50th anniversary, King Crimson are releasing 50 rare or unusual tracks from the archives. Starting on 13th January, the date the band was formed in the Fulham Palace Café in 1969, these tracks will be released one a week for the remaining 50 weeks of 2019. Each track will be introduced by a commentary from David Singleton, King Crimson manager and producer.
I liked it as it was originally was. Cry
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 15:10
First impression of this edit - any childish moron could edit out the fiddly bits....
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

rminsk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rminsk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2019 at 19:29
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

First impression of this edit - any childish moron could edit out the fiddly bits....
This was the radio edit that was done years ago.  A 7:20 song is not radio friendly.
MrMHead View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2019 at 20:08
Just got my tix for the Cleveland (Northfield) show in September!!
No Civilization here. Tried it on but it would not fit.
Seems only a thin veneer. A little rubbing and it comes off quick.
- The Bears
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2019 at 20:42
I don't know how they could fit the PNW in their schedule.  Cry  It's really hard for me to get as far as SF or LA.

hooked View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2019 at 12:16
I'm not sure if I should go on 4.7. to their show in Basel.
I don't know enough Prog Fans, and going alone isn't so interesting.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2019 at 14:47
^ I did go alone a few years ago. I didn't know who to go with, and my wife isn't the biggest fan of prog, and it would have been a bit difficult to leave our child to be taken care for (more since the concert was in another city and it was a matter of being out all the day and coming back way too late). But it was totally worth it, so if you really like prog, you should go even if it's all by yourself. Just think of it the positive way, and you'll be able to enjoy the music without distractions from friends.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2019 at 16:31
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

And that also means for all intents and porpoises that this is the 50th anniversary of prog rock's debut as a major art form. A half century of nerd music has been quite the satisfying collection!

Well, that's a bit of a slap in the face to all the albums and bands that came before it such as Pink Floyd, Procol Harum, the Nice, The Beatles and the Moody Blues to name just a few. King Crimson's first might be fifty years old but that doesn't mean prog is. I think it's a little bit older.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - February 14 2019 at 16:34
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12