Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
51 [71.83%]
20 [28.17%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 01:41
I'd love to keep it 21-12, but I choose for KC here.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 02:37
KC.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 04:25
Rush.
I dig Schizoid, though - it's a close second.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twosteves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 08:18
Originally posted by jamesbaldwin jamesbaldwin wrote:

In my opinion, with all due respect to Rush (which perhaps in Europe are less considered than in America), for me KC are of another category. In particular, the first song by KC is, for the prog, how to talk about the painting "Impression, soleil levant" by Monet, which gave life to Impressionism, while Cygnus X-1 is like talking about the painting of one of the many disciples of Impressionism, for example Seurat, advocate of pointillisme. Clever but do you want to put his paintings with those of Monet?

Well Said!! Just glad I took an Art History class in college Wink

voted KC--for me Rush is a fun hook filled stadium band---enjoy some of their music....not great prog--KC is great prog.
Kempokid View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kempokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2019 at 08:27
I'd have to go with KC on account of how amazingly energetic and bombastic 21st Century Schizoid Man is. It's close, since Cygnus X-1 is one of Rush's best works, but KC definitely edges it out for me.
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2019 at 14:52
KC
LAM-SGC View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAM-SGC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 11:57
I know the KC toon is more "important" and I do like it, it is an absolute beast of a track, but I prefer the Rush track. I prefer listening to Rush generally. 

Edited by LAM-SGC - January 21 2019 at 11:57
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 12:11
Not sure about better but I'd rather listen to KC over just about any Rush song.....and Schizoid is a bona fide classic imho.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 12:13
This is one of the few times I would choose Rush over KC.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2019 at 21:07
Cygnus is far from my favorite Rush.

However, even though it's their biggest song, Schiz is far from my favorite KC.

So Rush it is.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2019 at 16:05
^ Schizoid Man is one song from the debut that took me a while to get into. But actually, it's mostly because of the live version by the Wetton era line-up that I came to love it (Collectable King Crimson Vol 1, which is just about the same as the one on USA), being more guitar driven (I can't come to really like it with the main riff played by the sax), and with a more dynamic rhythm section. Even the vocals are less annoying (even though I usually like Lake's singing much better than Wetton's).
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 00:23
Schizoid Man 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 03:13
Two amazing songs. Difficult to choose, but I'll go for Rush purely because I heard it first and it made a huge impression on me on first listen. Schizoid Man I heard later and was relatively a slow grower. Love it equally now though...
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 14:58
I love Cygnus X-1, but no way can it beat Schizoid Man for me...
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 15:08
Just as a lot of folks identify Tom Sawyer as the most famous or quintessential Rush song but don't think of it as their best, or even in the top 10.... I have a similar reaction to Schizoid.  Great song.  Representative of KC.  But plenty of other KC I think more highly of.  Were I to make a best of KC disc, it'd probably be mostly cuts from Red, Lizard, and Larks.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2019 at 15:51
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

Schizoid Man for me, but specially the live version with the Wetton line-up.
My thoughts exactly.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
CristauxFeur View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CristauxFeur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 20:31
Too hard for me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12