Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Prog Artist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Bressler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Prog Artist
    Posted: January 18 2019 at 21:03
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, and today is the one month anniversary of releasing my first Prog Rock album called 'Normal Boy.' Heavily influenced by Genesis, Yes, and Spock's Beard, with a touch of ELP and King Crimson for good measure.  I use some vintage synthesizers, including the ARP Pro Soloist, the same model synth that Tony Banks used from '73 to '78.

You can find it on Bandcamp here: https://billbressler.bandcamp.com/releases

I hope someone gives it a try. It's gotten some really positive feedback so far!

Thanks,
Bill Bressler
tigerfeet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2019 at 20:58
Really enjoyed listening to this - every track had something to like or love about it.

Your quote on your page does your music justice or is it the other way around 

"I'm not trying to make electronic music. I'm making music where the electronic and synthesized elements are just as important as the acoustic and electric ones."
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2019 at 22:59
Interesting for me. Have you played all instruments here? Wonderful really. Clap
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2019 at 03:26
Love me some homemade Prog, and so nicely produced. This was more exciting to hear than Roine Stolt's latest.
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2019 at 08:14
I like it a lot.

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 02:58
I found out about this through Art Rock Heaven. Great music.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
ghostofstellar View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ghostofstellar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2019 at 10:48
Normal boy is a really good song! 
The album have a good mix of old and new.
Very good
Bill Bressler View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Bressler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2019 at 08:14
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Interesting for me. Have you played all instruments here? Wonderful really. Clap

I'm glad you liked it! I did the writing, recording and producing, the keyboards, some guitar, some vocals, and the drum programming. If you buy the album at Bandcamp.com, you get the digital booklet that comes with the album that'll show you who played on what, as well as the lyrics.

Kind Regards,
BB
FightinBob View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FightinBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 21:24
I really enjoyed that!!  My kinda prog.  I think I'll purchase soon.  In addition to the influences you listed, I heard some Tull-esque moments in there as well - aided in large part by the vocalist's timbre.  Prog on!
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2019 at 07:03
Originally posted by Bill Bressler Bill Bressler wrote:

You can find it on Bandcamp here: https://billbressler.bandcamp.com/releases

Hi,

Welcome, btw!

Listening to the long cut at this time, and it is very nice and enjoyable!

I only have one reservation, and it is my own idea of things ... not sure why we all create an "opening" to a song, or piece, and then drop all the wonderful keyboard flows ... for something not as nice and as full and attractive.

That is my only reservation to what people think is "progressive", when it's still following a format ... rather than fly freely through the space of time and mind. But, yes, this is my own vision of things!

Still nice, even if my comments seem to suggest otherwise ... they are not meant to sound bad!

Edited by moshkito - April 23 2019 at 07:04
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2019 at 08:39
Very nice! I do hear some Spock's Beard influence!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply