Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fave Section from A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fave Section from A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Fave Section from A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [15.38%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [7.69%]
1 [7.69%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [15.38%]
5 [38.46%]
1 [7.69%]
1 [7.69%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fave Section from A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers
    Posted: January 26 2019 at 17:33
You know the deal; and GO!!!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 18:11
I never paid much attention to the individual titles but the part with the ‘spidery’ sounding mellotron part - “ I can see the lemmings coming, but I know I’m just a man ...”
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2019 at 20:09
I'm not sure about which parts are which, but mostly it is the theme with which the song starts, so I guess it's Eyewitness.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 00:55
Needless to say, I love it all, but I've always particularly loved Eyewitness, Custard's, and Clot.

I'll go the later this time. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Kempokid View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kempokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 01:01
The Clot Thickens is easily one of my favourite freakouts in prog, so I'll go with that
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 07:24
Hard to say, really. Maybe I’ll vote for (Custard’s) The Last Stand, later I might change my mind.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 10:35
"Alone, alone", the ghosts all call
Pinpoint me in the light
The only life I feel at all
Is the presence of the night..
socrates17 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socrates17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 10:55
Oh, my.  We are getting granular, aren't we.  Actually, this one is really easy and I knew what my answer would be even before the question was asked.  After all the chaos, dissonance, extreme changes in volume that preceded it, the consonant & magisterial We Go Now makes the entire thing work.  If this exercise was done (was it?) for Nine Feet Underground, I'd go with 100% Proof for exactly the same reason.  Both are perfect endings for outstanding and complex work.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2019 at 13:03
It's been years since I even tried to remember which section goes with which subtitle...luckily I found the lyrics online with the section titles included Wink

There's something I love about every section, but the favorite is a toss up between S.H.M. (the section that begins with, "Unreal, unreal ghost helmsmen scream and fall in through the sky") and Presence of the Night (the section that ends with, "Maelstrom of my memory is a vampire and it feeds on me, now staggering madly over the brink I fall".) 

Went with S.H.M.

Edited by The.Crimson.King - January 27 2019 at 13:03
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2019 at 17:19
The Clot... maybe.
"Happiness is real only when shared"
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2019 at 18:41
I love this entire piece of music, but I might enjoy The Clot Thickens the most.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2019 at 07:30
I voted for "Land's End" just now, I love that section (I mean, I love the whole thing....)
Just a fanboy passin' through.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2020 at 11:35
The Clot 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply