Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, PA!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, PA!
    Posted: January 30 2019 at 13:25
Good afternoon, everyone! I'm Midori, and I've spent the last seven years falling in love with progressive rock. It all started with Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here, and quickly spread to as much of the classic prog I could find. I'm trying now to expand into more contemporary artists. Virtually no one I know personally cares for this kind of music, so hoping to connect with some people here where my exquisite tastes in music are better reciprocated! LOL

Edited by Midori - February 01 2019 at 09:21
Chaser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 13:44
Welcome Midori! You're in the right place. We prog rock fans are a rare and often persecuted breed, but we don't care because we get to listen to the greatest music on earth.

It's great that you could join us!
Songs cast a light on you
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2019 at 16:05
Welcome, and wonder why your name is green (green is "midori" in Japanese). Smile
Midori View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2019 at 06:41
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Welcome, and wonder why your name is green (green is "midori" in Japanese). Smile

Green is one of my favorite colors, and "midori" makes it sound all artsy. Nothing deeper than that!

Edited by Midori - February 01 2019 at 09:21
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2019 at 06:58
Greetings, Midori!  You will find so much great music here.  I actually knew a young lady in the 1960's here in the States named Midori, her father had been stationed in Japan and thought it would make a pretty name.  As it does.  Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2019 at 14:26
Welcome to the site Midori!  It's always great to share the love of progressive rock with others.

Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2019 at 15:25
Welcome Midori! I hope you'll find much to interest you here. The natives are mostly friendly.

I can't resist posting something from a namesake of yours:

Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
jamesbaldwin View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesbaldwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2019 at 16:49
Welcome Midori!
"Happiness is real only when shared"
 Post Reply Post Reply