Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Domain of Dreams for Progressive Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tzeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Domain of Dreams for Progressive Metal
    Posted: February 02 2019 at 15:38
Domain of Dreams are from Bulgaria and were formally known as Solaris before releasing their most current album in 2011 under the new name.

Domain of Dreams was first formed in April 1987 as Solaris. In 2011 original members Plamen Radev and Daniel Radev (who are brothers) and Emil Angelov, who is part of the band from the early ages along with Oggi Kiossovski from Kontrol, and also Ivan Popov, lead guitarist of the latest Bulgarian Music Idol transformed the band into Domain of Dreams.

The band continued on as Domain of Dreams thorough 2011 until they split up in 2012.

Discography as Solaris:

1997 - Олиговремие (Idiotime)
2007 - Желая (Desire)

As Domain of Dreams:

2011 - Domain of Dreams

Music is a bridge between yourself and perfection.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2019 at 04:02
thanks, according to both videos I would say they are a noteworthy candidate for the team indeed
however we do need some more samples in order to proceed a proper evaluation

Tzeck View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tzeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2019 at 11:16
Here another video from the Solaris era:

And Domain of Dreams on spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/152KE1yHnylJAvIZWsnAiZ

I personally don't have their albums, but I've been at a concert back in 2007 and they all sounded pretty Dream Theater/Queensryche-ish prog metal.

Edited by Tzeck - February 03 2019 at 11:18
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2019 at 13:55
thanks again, submitted to the team

Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2019 at 02:23
Great stuff Cool Thumbs Up.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Tzeck View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tzeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 08:38
Year and a half since submission - anything on that one yet?

Here a review from a Greek site: http://www.metalcentre.com/webzine.php?p=reviews&nr=4406&lang=eng&fbclid=IwAR0k6yy48Z1vREq80rd6VghqDRbcAY5ZUePIlr08MeKXbtk0nREayePQl4I

And one on the Dutch Progressive Rock Page: http://www.metalcentre.com/webzine.php?p=reviews&nr=4406&lang=eng&fbclid=IwAR0k6yy48Z1vREq80rd6VghqDRbcAY5ZUePIlr08MeKXbtk0nREayePQl4I
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2020 at 10:41
For some reason, this was not evaluated under the Progressive Metal sub-genre.  I don't know if it was submitted and forgotten or what happened, it was before my time on the team.  I will submit Domain of Dreams since there is an album on Spotify that we can review, but there is a large list of bands called Solaris on Spotify and I don't have time at the moment to investigate each one.  If you can supply a link where we can review their albums, then I can also submit that one to the team also.  

black_diamond View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote black_diamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2020 at 02:49
Sounds great. Unfortunately can't find anywhere to buy Domain of Dreams album.
Tzeck View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tzeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 07:55
Thanks for the quick answer! I also cannot find anything else on the Internet from their Solaris era, apart from the YouTube videos above. I have their second album on mp3, I can send it to you in a way preferable to you.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2020 at 12:55
Do you have permission to share it?  It would have to be in a format where all of the team members would be able to listen to it, shared on a public streaming site.

Tzeck View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tzeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2020 at 12:22
Well, I'm not sure about putting it on a streaming site. I could upload it on YouTube, for example, but I don't have the exclusive permission from the band. I actually don't think they would mind and I could delete it right after your evaluation. But I can upload it also to a sharing site like wetransfer for everyone from the team to download it. I don't know. Whatever you prefer or don't.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2021 at 10:55

Domain of Dreams added to Progressive Metal .

Post Reply Post Reply