Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Genesis ('70-'77) tribute concert DVD available
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genesis ('70-'77) tribute concert DVD available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Genesis ('70-'77) tribute concert DVD available
    Posted: February 06 2019 at 06:47
http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61101

Would you fancy having a 1 h 52 min DVD of a talented tribute band performing GENESIS (from Trespass  to Wind & Wuthering), the classics such as 'Watcher of the Skies', 'The Knife', 'Firth of Fifth', 'Afterglow' and... oh yes, even 'Supper's Ready'?

See the above link and my review of the DVD by ROCK THEATRE (Finland) that I have added into the Tribute section.

I understand if a Genesis fan doesn't much care for tribute acts, as it's not the real thing. But how many high quality Genesis DVD's concentrating only on the classic prog stuff do you know?
   Rock Theatre could be compared to Steve Hackett's Genesis Revisited (which is naturally much closer to the real thing than a Finnish tribute band). However, in my opinion Rock Theatre offers a better set than any of Steve's DVD's.

I don't know if that someone who has rated it with two stars has actually seen it too. I'm firmly standing behind my four star rating!

(By the way, no one has asked me to promote it here, and I actually bought the DVD.)

P.S. It's a self-budgeted release, and Rock Theatre distributes it themselves. See further info in Facebook / Rock Theatre.
The DVD costs 26 euros (including posting abroad.)

Edited by Matti - February 06 2019 at 06:52
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2019 at 05:43
Youtube clips from the concert / DVD are available.

Post Reply Post Reply