Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A call out to similar minds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lydianlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A call out to similar minds
    Posted: February 07 2019 at 01:33
Hello everybody. I am in search for people with the same taste as myself. I am very much into the lydian mode as it gives an ethereal atmospheric seriousness that no other mode gives. You can use this mode in any sense and it will be the best one to use. What is so amazing about this mode is it almost too “glorious” and fantasy like to process. Everytime you hear about a scene in a movie where real community was protratryed, the lydian is used. Thus, it is the most beautiful, holistic mode, feeling you going to heaven now.

I am more in search for people thinking like I am here. I have a few albums and recommendations and for reasons. Here I will state below and if you agree, please reply because I am in search for other music that I would enjoy and can share here. I will explain why I like the songs I like  took.

1.) Mangala vallis -terranova. This song is a masterpiece. If only the lyrics were better. It kind of reminds of mr.Big my childhood favorite band. There is this really good use or polish prog/italian prog that reminds me of pavorotti and andrea bocelli style music. Very atmospheric and community driven.

2.) Arena pins and needles, mea culpa, the visitor, Elea, friday’s dream…
Arena is a band that remains unbeaten when it comes to me. The lydian mode is very apparent in pins and needles, the visitor, Elea. I loved the way how Arena can portray concepts in s way that is depressing but that one can really relate to almost in very serious tone where Mea Culpa takes the torch - you have done something unforgivable and now has to pay the price. I do not like depressing music, but music tha tcan speak to a depressed person. Arena does this magnificently. I really admire how it “syncs” with your depressive mood in a way of saying that we are a lll f**ked and can really talk to you and to your soul. Which is what divides the wheat from the chaff.

3.) Cairo - Seasons of the heart - This is song should actually be number 1 on my list for any prog album. I fyou do not know this song, listen to it NOW. Cairo is easily a band as large as ELP and any othe rprog rock band. They deserve a medal for fame. The whole songs tells a deep story and the trasitioning is magnificent. 

4.) Illusion of Control - Jeremias. There is something that reminded me of Shrek 2 and Ratchet and Clank 1, as well as James Bond, Rogue Spear, and No one Lives Forever 1.

Because I am a 90s guy, I love the feeling of 90s pop in general and there was something reminiscing my childhood and fantasy driven dreams in the is album. I really admire fantasy driven albums like this.

5.)Frost, Lonely Robot, albums, Kino. I love these albums from John Mitchell. 

6.) Aimee Mann - Wake up. Again a song with extremely nice etherealness that makes one sad almost and is so beautiful at the same time.

7.) Hangover Paradise - wake me up. The last part of wake me up was the most beautiful think in the world I ever heard. The lyrics are also well crafter. But for a lydian mode lover like myself, this song is a must. You will fall in love with the last part especially. Cannot remember which timing it is though.

8.) Emerson Lake and Powell - love blind. I truly love th e80s vibe to this where it is reminiscing of we laundry and sunlight soap, as well as sunshine and good vibes in the air. ELP is the best. And Emerson Lake and Powell, the album was splendor and hints of the past to me. Not just another 80s music group. These ones are the best.

9.) Legend of Zelda, Sims 4 pets, etc were also very nice music I listen to and reminds me of my childhood and just is amazing to listen to.

1. Moonrise - pendululm. Another great album with the polish/italian prog vibe. I truly love this album a lot. 

11.) Tony Patterson - cast away. Ok this is another song that just seems so dreamy and beautiful for any prog rock listener. Cast away is absolutey heaven and again, lydian mode driven.

Why do most of these great songs inhibit the lydian mode and why can no other come to the beauty of it? I know timing also matters and you get stories that could make other modes very similar in taste but I am fascinated by these songs and how amazing they are. Pleas share if you have a list similar to mind and if you can understand what I mean. Am I just crazy or what?

I am just not interested in technicality that much. For me it is more the atmosphere that hints to splendor and dreams accomplished that I love in music. Symphonic rock and general pop sometimes especially in th e90s gave that feeling. 

But give these songs a go please. And post back if you also get goosebumps from similar music.
Lydianlover View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lydianlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 01:35
Apologise for the mistakes I made and typos. I had to get my writings across.
 Post Reply Post Reply