Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out-Of-Print ELP Books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themusicman926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out-Of-Print ELP Books
    Posted: February 07 2019 at 20:20
I am writing here because I am trying to acquire the 3 now out of print music books of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. These three books are “ELP (Black Book)”, “Tarkus (Album Book)”, and “Anthology”. I have been on the search for these books for a while, and I believe that they have all been out of print since the 80s. They do not appear on either Amazon or eBay when searching for them. These books just seem to be extremely rare, but it would be awesome if someone knew where I could find a copy or would be willing to sell me one.

EDIT: I am mainly in search of the sheet music for "Memoirs of an Officer and a Gentleman", which is presented in its entirety in the "Anthology" book. I have tried searching for it online, but I have only ever come across a midi version. If there is anyone who does have the Anthology book, or at least has the sheet music, I would be eternally grateful if I could get a copy.

Edited by themusicman926 - February 09 2019 at 11:00
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2019 at 16:48
Actually, I have what I think you call the 'Black Book" if it's score circa "Works" your talking about.
Sorry, it's not for sale...or is it???
Hmmm, do I hear an opening bid?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2019 at 03:52
I guess you mean sheet music books?
Here you have Tarkus and Anthology for download (you have to subscribe as a member)

themusicman926 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themusicman926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2019 at 11:02
Thank you for that link. I already had the PDF file of Tarkus but it was nice to find some of Anthology, even though it's not complete.
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2019 at 12:10
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Here you have Tarkus and Anthology for download (you have to subscribe as a member)

This is amazing, thanks for the link!  I saw the Tarkus book way back in the early 80's at my local sheet music store but didn't have the money to buy it.  Next time I went back it was gone and I never saw it again.  I did have the Black book though but loaned it to a friend 30 years ago and never saw it again LOL
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2019 at 14:27
Follow up:  

The 'scribd.com' link provided requires you to give them a credit card and sign up for a subscription with a 30 day free trial before you can d'load the book Unhappy

Here's a link to download the same Tarkus sheet music book for free Wink

Edited by The.Crimson.King - February 09 2019 at 14:31
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2019 at 02:32
Originally posted by Gerinski Gerinski wrote:

Epic win. Thank you for linking this here! Tongue

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
 Post Reply Post Reply